Hcg Injection 3 Days Prior To Beta Hcg

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by memeera1234, Aug 2, 2017.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hey all,
    Today is day 10 after blastocyst transfer. Had light spotting yesterday. Doc suggested doubling the dose of progesterone injections. He had suggested to do for beta HCG on 8th Aug. But prior to that has suggested to taken ovitrelle ( 250 much ) sub cutaneous on 5th. I had my transfer on 24th since then every 5 days he had suggested taking ovitrelle. By what I read on internet, ovitrelle is synthetic HCG. If I take the shot on 5th and do test on 8th would it show false positive? I don't want to get my hopes high and then get devastated since I have been through lots already. I discussed with doc he says it's OK. But sites on Google say otherwise. I know I need to trust by gynaec but still I am little worried. Anybody been in a similar situation? Pls help.

2. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

though i dint take HCG injection during my 2ww after fet, i think ur doc had suggested it to higher the chances of implantation. i just read that sometimes doc suggests hcg just before the transfer to help implantation.

probably they will have higher HCG range at the actual bhcg test, i.e. synthetic hcg + hcg produced after positive pregnancy.

i think spotting around 10dpt is actually good. could be implantation bleeding. my prayers are with you. last thing u need is to think about all these. relax your mind, be positive & neutral.

3. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a ton for your reply. Has been spotting the entire day since morning. It's not blood but brownish discharge ( sometimes light and sometimes dark) discharge. It's been 3 days now. Doc has suggested taking an hot tomm. As per him discharge is not a good sign. So am a bit down
    Hope your words ring true and I am blessed this time

4. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Autocorrect.. hpt

5. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Spotting not always bad. Miracles do happen. My doc told me once that it is way better to have false hope than no hope. I want u to be positive about the treatment but neutral on results. I know it's hard to be. Wish I lots of baby dust. Hope u have got good news