1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Having a son after a daughter....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by aparnag, Dec 24, 2011.

1. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

big hugs....

2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Deepthi,
    me and my brother 1 yr and 10 months..
    my DD and DS 1 year and 6 months...

3. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

My DD will turn 3 in Jan and am expecting DS next month. So exactly 3 years between them. Of course, I was very excited to know what I was carrying but the joy wud ve been the same whether it was a boy or a girl. After we told our family, both my parents as well as my in-laws were very happy since we had one of each. But till them there was no pressure on us that it had to be a boy.
    I have a sister and she is my best friend. We are 2 years apart. So I am kinda wondering how is the relationship between a boy and a girl siblings? Are they attached and close to each other?
    Asha

4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Yeah Asha.. It is the same..
    First of all congrats on your pregnancy..

My DD and DS are best friends.. They do not stay away at all..
    u cannot find them in 2 different places at home.. I see them growing together..

1 person likes this.
  5. godsgrace

godsgrace Bronze IL'ite

I have a daughter who is 8.5 years old and son 9 month old. They both adore each other. I wanted second one also a girl. My DH was OK with any, but he was very exited when we got to know it was a boy. My daughter was sad to know she will have to deal with a brother. But now she is very happy to have a little brother and she loves him to the core. My inlaws..no idea what they wished for as I don't share good rapport with them...neither do I care what they want as it is my baby.

6. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

I have a daughter who is going to turn 4 this march. Both my husband and I want to have another one so that they will have company of each other. Of course, This time I would like to have a boy. But ready to accept whatever God gives us.

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

3 to 5 yrs gap is ideal. some people feels that 2 yrs is also ok, but it is a big pressure for the mom to take care of them during initial days. not only that, think abt when they are in the college, dont have time to relax. one of my friend has two sons and the age gap is bet 1 or 2 yrs. both the parents are really tensed, coz one after the other going to college, big expenses, yr bank saving will be empty all of a sudden. it is my view, anyhow..

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Tough to answer as we females are very open and we need to talk out whatever it is. Whereas the boys are like clamshell, hardly opens their mouth even to express their love and affection or to ask for their favorite food, believe me..that is who they are, does not mean, they are not affectionate. Coz of this character, after their marriage, they are going backward(atleast we are thinking that way) from the parents whereas we all talk talk aruge argue with our parents. That affection will never go anywhere between the siblings(bro and sis), ok..it all depends on how you and your husband are bringing them up, how you both are mingling with yr siblings, parents, that is all that matters and they take it from there which i see with my kids. If the brother keeps quiet, have seen in many families, the sister takes initiative and make the bro talk(not sure between brothers)So, dont worry..will do our best, rest they will take it from us.

9. deepthicr

deepthicr Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I have a DD of 4yrs and planning for a second one..feel should have one DD and DS for all...Its not tht someone doesn't want a girl..A girl is a must for moms i feel..I have seen myself with my mom..and i know how imp i am for my mom..i expect the same way with my DD.i already started feeling it..
    New year new start..........
    waiting for new changes........

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aparna,

I never gave it much thought because for me both are the same. I have a daughter who is elder and was the apple of our eyes and still is and then we had a son, whom had complications at birth and we prayed he should be healthy..and nothing more.knowing the sex of the second baby, we never had the inclination to know

the gap between the two is 3 years. they both know that they are loved equally. infact, me and my husband believe that if my daughter gets a piece of jewellery, my son should also get..it is more about equal rights, after all both are my kids.

Regarding how they were accepted by the family..the acceptance would have been the same if it was a girl too. for us it was more about healthy kids..

The relationship between the brother and the sister, is like a musical note, sometimes high, sometimes low but it is always pleasing to the ear..they fight, they adore and they order..but yet they are always there for each other..

1 person likes this.