1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

having a Big Fight on very Trivial issues

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by urhoneydz7, Jan 11, 2011.

1. urhoneydz7

urhoneydz7 New IL'ite

Hi All, I just want to discuss about my married life despite lovely moments which is full of fights. Usually I and my DW get involved in fights very often even very small issues like watching laptop (even for few minutes) to check emails or taking laptop to another room in night so that I can go and watch something if DW get asleep and I donot or I awake early in morning, not buying things for me. Actually I should admit that I had a habit of browsing laptop initially but it has decreased very much in recent year. Sometime I just want to sit and read news or study lonely (then I get drive to study too). But I think I annoy her unknowingly if I do these things quietly (because I donot want to bother her). Do you guys encounter such circumstances? How to minimize fights with spouse.. any suggestions please???

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

It looks you are recently married .Write down really how much time you spending time with you wife.She may be very knew to this county and may not have friends and doesn't know how to enage herself.So she may be looking for you company as long as you in the house.
    See what you can do to improve the situation.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, I am with Priya on this. She might be only looking for attention.

1 person likes this.
  4. mkgirl

mkgirl New IL'ite

I am married for 8 years, when we were newly married and came to USA, we had a lot of fights. But once we talked with each other, went for walks in the evening, dined out once a week etc .. we did not really pounce on each other. We started to accept each other and fights reduced. Its all about spending time with each other and communicating. Not necessarily lovey dovey talks, just daily stuff like office, friends, grocery etc

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

discuss this with your dw. explain to her that you also need to continue your own interests. see if you can find common interests to pursue, that way you will get more time together. encourage her to find a job (if she is not working already and if her visa permits her to). that way she might find new friends and a life of her own beyond you. if you spend more time with her, i am sure she will not resent your doing your thing in your time. explain to her that you would appreciate a little bit of space for you to follow your own interests. remember, women want to be cherished and even small gestures (like remembering her b'day, going out for dinner, walks, helping out in the house, enquiring about her family and trying to be close to them) will go a long way in making for a happy relationship. small tiffs are normal and essential. when there are no differences there is only indifference.

good luck :thumbsup

6. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I think your wife expects her to be your priority (for sure she is but she'll be happy only if you prove it with your actions) and wants you to spend all your free time with her. She feels you as her husband and someone who claims that loves her must always have the urge to spend time and engage in activities only with her whenever you have the time.

She gets angry and frustrated when you prefer spending the time you have surfing, reading, watching tv, being with friends, etc.rather than spending time with her. She may feel that she's not being your priority and you are not giving her importance since you don't wish to be with her whenever you get the chance but rather do something else on your own. She may feel you don't respect and understand her feelings that she wants to spend a lot of time with you and angry since you don't feel the same like her.

So you have to make her understand where she stands in your life. Assure her you love her so much and she's your priority no matter what but yet you need some space for yourself to do certain things. Explain to her that you do some things like taking your laptop to the other room because you don't want to disturb her etc.

And please spend a lot of quality time together as much as possible.
    If you are not the type of person who likes to just sit and talk with your wife, then plan for some activities that you both can do together like walking, swimming, jogging, cycling, bowling, walk along the beach, window shopping etc.

But also do take note that there are wives who only prefer to spend time with their husband at home, it's quality time for them. Any other activities other than sitting and talking at home is like the husband is not spending enough time with them even though the husband was with her all day long doing some other activities. If your wife falls in the latter category, then you have to tackle the issue wisely by having a heart to heart talk, explain and understand what are both your expectations so that you can have a peaceful marriage for the rest of your life. The matter may look simple but it will ruin the happiness of both the husband and wife if not handled properly even from the beginning.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  7. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Any other issue bothering her? How is her relationship with your parents?

1 person likes this.