1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you Found God Yet???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jul 27, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hello Friends!
    We say, God is Omnipresent; but where is he? Has anybody ever seen him? Has anybody ever talked to him? Does he talk to you? The list of questions will go long enough to cover this planet earth, but what is the answer to this million dollar question- has anybody ever found God?
    I used to wonder at quite a young age of 8-9, we have so many Gods n Goddesses. Christians have Jesus, Muslims have Allah and Sikhs have Guru Granth Sahib. I noticed that our Hindu Gods have a face. We recognize them by their faces n Avtars, Jesus also has a face but what about Muslims and Sikhs. I have not seen any such face to recognize their Gods. We believe in ‘Sagun Bhakti’ (having an idol) while they believe in ‘Nirgun Bhakti’ (not having an idol). Whichever way you pray to your God, one day you are sure to find him.
    Being born in a Brahmin family, I was used to many rituals since my childhood. My granny n mom would tell us stories about our religion, rituals and many more things. We all as kids used to enjoy these stories. Slowly-slowly, these stories started making a space for themselves in some or the other corner of my mind. I would recall these stories on various occasions and act accordingly. I started feeling the presence of an invisible hand, an invisible persona with me. Whatever I would think, would happen, whenever I tried to help someone, I could do that in a better manner than I would have thought of. There were many instances in my life which surprised me. Many a times, I just asked something to God and felt that he answered it, he talked to me, and he showed me the correct path.
    Then I started seeing God in everything-living n nonliving. I felt my life became quite easy, with less tangles, less complexity. I stopped expecting from others and just went on doing my duties with grace n dignity. Now, trust me my friends, I feel him with me, within me, around me, always. He never leaves me alone and this gives me a great feeling of security that yes, there is someone, I can bank upon, I can trust.
    So friends, I have found him, have you also? Finding him is really not quite difficult. See him everywhere, in everything, in your food, your clothes, music, dance, your work, your master, servants and friends and in all materialistic things that you have around. Just give your true self to him and he’ll always be there with you.
    Regs J

7 people like this.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anuraksha,
    You are a blessed one! That's why you are finding Him within you and all around. It is really a very great achievement. You have realised the meaning of Thathvamasi!
    Bhagavatpada's advaita philosophy is based on this truth only.
    Love,
    PS

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi dear PS! thanks for your feedback.yes dear i too agree that i am quite blessed because his presence is the biggest support i have with me.all relations here on earth are mirage.there is only one relationship which is real in true sense and i feel its presence with me.thanks dear.may you n all my friends get his presence too.regs-anu:)

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Anukarsha, your snippet reminded me of a conversation I had with my son when he was about 4yrs. He has been and still is a curious child and questions me incessantly. Well, the mother that i am, I wanted to introduce God and prayer to him and not knowing how to start, I started with his favorite subject - nature and asked him if he can see wind (hoping he would say no I can't) but he surprised me with a yes. When I asked him to explain how he saw wind, he simply said "well when the leaves move, we know it is beacuse of wind". Ofcourse his answer made it easier for me to explain the presence of a Superior power than us, no doubt about it. I think when we retain that simplicity in thought and action, all of us can feel the presence of a higher power!!

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear srama for your feedback.i am amazed at the ease of your son with which he explained the presence of wind.i have known a few 'grown ups', who find it difficult to understand such simple things.great dear.my love to him.
    to find God, we only have to go a single step up and he comes down for us.thanks dear.cheers-anu:)

6. ram85

ram85 Junior IL'ite

Anu, I like your post.. Felt good from your words. Actually, everyone have the same feelings. But, it differs in the controlling of mind. As you can see god in every case, that means you have developed confidence within youself and ready to face any situation in your life. You also developed enough faith on God. If we are happy, that means it is a gift or prasadam from God. If we have any obstacles or hurdles or tough time, that means, that is a kind of testing phase for us from God. Sometimes God tests us and plays with us, he tests our level of confidence.
    Your post reminds of my childhood feelings.

Om Sai ram

7. sam9san

sam9san Gold IL'ite

The Gita: Chapter 11-25 to 32, VISION OF KAL PURUSH (God of three world)
    "O Lord of lords, O refuge of the worlds, please be gracious to me. I cannot keep my balance seeing thus Your blazing deathlike faces and awful teeth. In all directions I am bewildered."
    "All the sons of Dhritarashtra, along with their allied kings, and Bhishma, Drona, Karna—and our chief soldiers also—are rushing into Your fearful mouths. And some I see trapped with heads smashed between Your teeth."
    "As the many waves of the rivers flow into the ocean, so do all these great warriors enter blazing into Your mouths."
    "I see all people rushing full speed into Your mouths, as moths dash to destruction in a blazing fire."
    "O Vishnu, I see You devouring all people from all sides with Your flaming mouths. Covering all the universe with Your effulgence, You are manifest with terrible, scorching rays."
    "O Lord of lords, so fierce of form, please tell me who You are. I offer my obeisances unto You; please be gracious to me. You are the primal Lord. I want to know about You, for I do not know what Your mission is."
    "The Personality of Godhead said: Time (KAL PURUSH) I am, the great destroyer of the worlds, and I have come here to destroy all people.
    Saguna and Nirakar Nirguna Bakthi Makes you food for Kal Purush.
    Follow Para Bakthi Of Poorna Sad Guru(search for Him) who will lead you to SatLok (World Beyond the Three)of Supreme Sat Purush (Lord of All ),reaching his abode is final mukthi.
    The Gita: Chapter 15- 1 to 4
    "The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: It is said that there is an imperishable banyan tree that has its roots upward and its branches down and whose leaves are the Vedic hymns. One who knows this tree is the knower of the Vedas."
    "The branches of this tree extend downward and upward, nourished by the three modes of material nature. The twigs are the objects of the senses. This tree also has roots going down, and these are bound to the fruitive actions of human society."
    "The real form of this tree cannot be perceived in this world. No one can understand where it ends, where it begins, or where its foundation is. But with determination one must cut down this strongly rooted tree with the weapon of detachment. Thereafter, one must seek that place from which, having gone, one never returns, and there surrender to that Supreme Personality of Godhead from whom everything began and from whom everything has extended since time immemorial."
    Read 'Anuraga sagar' of Sant Kabir for Truth.

8. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Om sai ram! thanks ram for your feedback.what you've written is true. but i wanna add something to it.actually when you surrender yourself to him, there is nothing like happiness- sorrow, test, satisfaction-dissatisfaction. you just go on performing your duties diligently without any expections and you don't wait for the fruit.when we surrender ourselves to him, our life bacomes more meaningful and more loveable.cheers-anu:)

9. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear sam9san,thank you very much for enlightning me on geeta.i too read read geeta on a regular basis.And feel that teachings if applied in our daily lives would surely help us get "nirvaan".I am highly impressed with your knowledge.By the way, where can i get "Anuraga sagar" in mumbai? please help me to fetch it.thanks a lot.regs-anu:)

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Anu,
    What you had written is absolutely true..but only a few lucky like you feel His presence.:thumbsup
    As you had pointed out, if see Him around us...we can feel Him, hear Him and see Him guide us through our hurdles. But that will take aeons for me! But let me start in this birth!

sriniketan