1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever stayed faraway from your DH

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pandusk, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

Yes.. We have been away for the past 3 years ..I'm in Coimbatore and he is in bangalore.He is a weekend traveller visting coimbatore and chennai(his parents live there) alternatively. I am planning to move to Bangalore by this year end. Hope God wishes so!!!

2. MiaSen

MiaSen Senior IL'ite

Dear Pandusk,
    I should thank u for starting this thread...
    After being married for close to 6yrs, me and hubby have been together for only 4-5 months every year...
    His work required lots of travel within and out of india...
    I had PCOD and we didnt have kids then... i know u can imagine how hard it would have been for us to go for treatments...
    I would start taking ovulation tabs for a month and during the 10th day he would come and say.. he has to go here and there...
    It was so depressing and we had a hard time...
    Once he was asked to go abroad for longer term and we were so upset tat we couldnt get pregnant, but luckily i conceived in tat cycle and we confirmed it b4 he left...
    So vn he got an offer abroad, even vn it had costed me my job, i agreed immediately... coz till tat time, it was only us who missed each other, now we have a kid and i didnt want them to miss each other too...
    Sry for the long post... couldnt hold myself writing the entire story after seeing ur thread :)

3. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice thread. I thought there are very few couples who stay away.. But i was wrong.. I cud nt bring myself to read all the posts in this thread.. Its so sad..

The whole idea of marriage from time immemorial is to share your life, live your life together. But now, marriage has just becum another ritual of one's life. Ritual done, got kids, life over - the new age fast-food life.

The concept of marriage has changed for material things like money, career, children's education, wife's job, nature of job, in-law's health..and the list is endless.

Sorry for the long post.

My story - It will be 3 yrs of my marriage in May. But til now, we had lived happily for just around 8-10 months. We had been separate only because of my career and ambitions. Though my DH has been always supportive in this, in fact he had changed cities to be with me. I feel lucky to have such a loving and caring husband. But at the same time, I am beginning to feel I am not married at all. Right now I am pursuing higher studies alone abroad.

So I have decided to marry again, after I finish my studies and renew my marital voes before beginning a new life.

In fact I have a dream - of marrying in different styles - like a typical Malayali marriage, bengali marriage and so on.

Apologies once again for a long one!

-Aruna

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi...i dont know if this counts as a post to ur article....
    i live away from my tobe husband (he lives in uk whereas im in india), im engaged to him since the last three months and the wedding is not on the cards for another year.
    during this three months that we have known each other through late night phone calls/skyping etc, there are times that v both feel that we should get married the next day, with or without the presence of are elders.
    both of us are so madly in love with each other that the distance and the time for the wedding is killing us.the worst being we cant even share our feeling with anyone in both the sids of the family. though i find it a comfort to share it on this site, but i always think abt him...
    pray that things work out in the best of our interest...
    thanz