1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever stayed faraway from your DH

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pandusk, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

We used to be stayed away from each other often for a short periods only. Me or he attending some family functions alone, staying with my mom for summer vaccations of our children etc etc.....

When we are together we will quarrel for silly things as I like SP balasubramaniams songs and classicals ane he likes only Raafi's hindi songs. When we are away we miss each other a lot and will talk daily through phone. On my opinion i dont like us to be away for a longer period but a short ones to add more thrill in our liking each other.

ganges

2. arabhi

arabhi New IL'ite

i have lived away from hubby for a total of about 12 months on 2 different occasions .i have never liked it though i think my hubby didnt mind it so much!!anyways whenever such plans are brought forward i never encourage.i get very tensed when kid falls ill or if i cant get hold of my hubby on mobile.so i dont think staying away from my DH will be good for my health!!!!:)[​IMG]

3. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Yes,we are often apart on and off. I am always up for long term projects but my DH is only interested in how much he is being paid. We had our clashes during our first yr of marriage. It was very frustrating when I gave up my high paying job in FL to move down to VA so that we canbe together and he didn't get it.I set up my house here in VA and I told him there is a very low probability I'll move unless he gets a long term project. sometimes I feel this arrangement of us meeting a couple of times in a month/over the weekend works out better than us staying together having ego clashes and me frustrated with all the cooking etc with no help.When we meet we don't fight, argue, have quality time,eat out or share the cooking,etc and I am not ashamed to say I fall in love with him all over again.When we stay together for prolonged periods of time all we do is stay like 2 strangers in the same house(when we argue) except that I cook for him and clean the house.DH initially had a very bad habit of spending time with his friends and was hardly at home except to eat and sleep.But now he has changed.We never used to drive each others cars but now we have no option.The issue is he likes moving around and I don't
    The exorbitant prices of the flight tickets is the last thing on my mind :crazy

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    after 4 yrs of marriage my dh accepted a job overseas.i had to stay back as he initially wanted to see if he liked his job,place & people.i joined him after 2 mths.
    those 2 mths were very tough for mr evrn though our 2 yrs old son was there to divert me.i realised how much i loved him & how much emotionally i am dependent on him.i was staying with my parents for these 2 mths but even that pleasure was small compared to the sadness i felt about being away from him.
    i realised his importance in my life & vowed to cherish him
    then next yr again i had to spend 2 mths away from him as i was expecting our 2 nd child.but he promised to join me as soon as possible.he came back when i was in my 36 th week but had to leave his job as he was not getting long leave.
    after that we have been together except for a week or so when he has to travel on buisness trips.
    pragati

5. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hey StaarBearer,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

6. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Roopahari,

I can understand what you must have gone through. I am glad that everything is fine at your end now, God Bless and Thank you for the wishes

Shathi,

Thanks for dropping in and sharing your thoughts

Neha1,
    Thank you for your suggestions, I do agree that this an adjustment for career/family. I have been working in India and visited him for couple of months and joined back again, now that he is going to settle there i have resigned and will be going for good. Never got a chance to celebrate our anniversary together after marriage, so feeling bad about it.

Welcome,
    Wow, that is awesome that you completed 16 yrs of your married life, I am really impressed.

Also, thanks for posting your thoughts.

7. hopeforchild

hopeforchild New IL'ite

Wow neha ... I can match my experience 100% with yours..

I joined my husband after 3 1/2 months as I was reluctant to resign my job thinking that I will be on H4 and will be out of work, sitting at home.
    I used to pay Rs5000 for phone bills so does he. and my parents used to get irritated because of my behavior. I used to busy with office work or on phone with my DH. and sometimes used to loose temper[​IMG] when ever my dh missed to give me a call.

After 2 yrs.. we decided to move back to India... but unfortunately [​IMG]again I had to travel alone to India and my brother's wedding got fixed. I couldnt miss his wedding. I wanted to support my parents.

Now I am sitting at my parents place waiting for my husband to join me. Sometimes I feel so sad and makes to feel regret. Since 3 months he is on his own. he works very late. [​IMG]I feel worse when he says that he is eating frozen stuff... i left all the responsibilities of cleaning the apartment and dumping stuff on him..

We have to take some decisions in our life... thinking for others...

I have decided... whatever it might happen I will not stay away from dh anymore....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  8. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

We are married for 6 years and have spent atleast 2 years away from each other starting from a separation of 1 month to 1 year. Sometimes we were in India in different cities, sometimes he was in a different country and recently we were in the US in different cities. We did a lot of this so we can manage our financial responsibilities but now I am in the attitude of "What the heck".

So I have left my job and at home full time... even when we were away we spent a lot of time talking to each other when not at work. The same goes when we are together.

My IL's are not happy about the single income factor and that is something we are learning to deal with subtly.

9. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Oh yes !! First two years of marriage I was in the east coast pursuing my masters and he was working in the west coast. The flight journey itself was 8 hours. Those days were a such a drag. But distance made the heart grow even fonder.

Kavya.

10. Anuradha00

Anuradha00 Bronze IL'ite

I was in India and my hubby was in the US for about 8 months. It was the hardest time of our lives. Luckily, I was able to come onsite and from there jumped to a local job. I really hated the separation and wouldn't do that again even if someone offered me million dollars.