1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Ever Seen Karma On Those That Have Treated You Badly When Married?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Patientone, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

Hmm i know what you mean. But if you were in my place and your innocent mum was spoken to like crap for no need then maybe you’d see how I feel. It was only when one day I put the phone on loud speaker that I realised how nasty she was being to my mum. I cooked for my in-laws for 5 months and she told my mum make sure u teach her how to cook before you move her and my son into their new house (insinuating she taught me nothing). She said my mum was obese. That she was 10 years older than her (sly dig) when she’s only 2 years older than her. Also, told my husband the same so he said she looked really old.

Once she laughed mockingly when my sister in law said my mum spends so much time in the kitchen making food (yeah she puts effort in her cooking) and then on another occasion mocked my aunty saying ‘what she doing? I bet she’s still cooking in the kitchen then laughed or should I say cackled like it was the most hysterical thing. You can ignore little little things but then it’s becomes too much. Why mock someone just because your jealous? It’s been a long time I’ve seen karma on her but I’m not waiting for it. Honestly you wouldn’t believe me but if u saw her you’d be shocked someone like her exists. I have cried day and night when I was newly married because my innocent parents didn’t deserve that nastiness and neither did I. I suffered 2 years from post natal depression and my in-laws and husband were a large part of the problem.

2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

"Like if you treated someone nice and something nice happened to you in return. Or if someone treated you badly and got their just desserts in return."
    the very fact that you first treated someone nice means that ,'that someone' enjoyed past good karma and your/our being treated badly might be your/our past bad karma....how does this sound? Our very life is the effect of our karma says our sastras ...may be true and this is the cycle of karma......:laughing:!

3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You are now referring to two classes of karma's. A short term and a long term karma, limited by the time scale of repercussions.

When payback happens within the same lifespan, then it is short term Karma. For decades, Indian Cinema had depended on this theme to sell pablum to the public. Bad people will do bad things to good people, and finally good people -- usually one guy who can punch out all of them -- will win the good life, and the audience in the movie house will leave with the hope that this is all going to happen in their own personal life. Then join a gym to get strong for the eventual showdown with the baddies.

Trans-incarnation returns to deeds is usually off limits to Cinema themes, because that would require a much bigger budget, and demand a much deeper naivety from the viewing public. However if the movie has a big enough star, as in "Om Shanti Om", it can work. The villians of the movie would be required to stay healthy, and keep fit, so that they can fight the hero when he comes back in his next birth, grow up, and be in fighting form against injustice from his soul's previous outing.

I am waiting for a movie, where good people will live long and healthy lives, bad people would die early, and come back for a rematch. But then, I've heard that bad people have a good chance to be born not as people, but as worms. This would totally ruin a movie plot.

nemesis likes this.
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Your kidding right? Havent you seen or heard of the blockbuster hit Makkhi or Eega? guy reborn as a fly avenges himself and saves lady love! Awesome movie, hilarious and awesome.

Soch and Amulet like this.
  5. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Take the case of driving in India. You can find people who respect the signal, speed limit- and those who 'fly low', causing panic to the aforementioned who follow the rules. It's not that they don't know the rules- they are fully aware, yet pride themselves in disobeying it and yet they reach home (early) and nothing happened to them (and their cars).

In this case karma is the probability that this bully no 1 will meet bully no 2 (there's no lack of them in this world) and cause inflated airbags and deflated egos.

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The movie you mention is
    Om-shanti-Om-II, The Fly Adaptation.

In my movie where good people will live long, the bad guy will die, and feel his karma in being reborn as a fly. And if he had done a smidgen of good karma (by dying early, and leaving the good people to carry on with their romance), he would be born in the same neighbourhood, and be a "fly on the wall", when there is a love duet on the floor by the good couple.

1Sandhya likes this.
  7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Karma doesn't work. She is lazy.
    Focus on building your life

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes, not just once, but so many times!

My MIL tried everything under the sun to distance me from her son. She gave me so much pain, that I once decided to kill myself than living and taking this emotional pain on a daily basis.
    She almost killed our early days of marital Bliss.
    But 10 years after that, my H has decided to distance himself from his mother.
    This time he has realized her true colors, and made a decision. See Karma is working although it is slow.

Even though my MIL was bad, cruel and what not... I never wanted to cut ties with her completely. I always wanted a decent relationship with her, and hence worked for that.
    But my mother was completely against my decision and often called me as a fool. She always believed that the only way for my happy marriage is distancing our family from PILs.
    Mom was right from her POV, and no mother would ever want to see their loving DD in a death bed because of some emotional torture by a woman.( MIL).
    And yes, as she believed our marriage has turned 100 times better since the moment my H decided to cut ties with his folks.
    In fact my mom has influenced rather indirectly forced my H to make a decision like this.

Now that, my brother has chosen to take sides with his wife on a very similar issue. Mom is heart broken, because unlike MIL she has never interfered in my brother's marriage.
    Nevertheless karma is a bitch. It doesn't see whether your intention is good or bad.

And now this lady - my brother's MIL, who played some under the table game with her daughter (SIL) to separate everyone from her SNIL's life, so that he becomes vulnerable and nods his head as per her demands.
    Yes, she had only one demand, I.e her daughter & SNIL should live with her in her home (which is far from our city)
    Karma punched on her face so hard that she is made to move out of her city/home and uprooted to a 3rd place together with her DD and a sick kid for treatment.
    Now that no one lives in her home or that of her DDs. All her politics went wrong before Karma!

9. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

You have suffered surely, but I feel you should not waste your life with so much negativity . Wishing for karma to make anyone suffer or feeling happy about their suffering is not healthy..
    If someone treats you unkindly, better to stand up to them and resolve it then. If you felt humiliated/hurt- channelize it positively by leading a happy life and you will get true satisfaction. Take care of your health , and make sure to stand up for your parents and give them a good life, so you wont be much agonised by what your inlaws say about your parents. Your parents'happiness/wellbeing depends on you.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Yes..I was a terrible teenager and I used to make my mom cry:( the tantrums and my behavior was obnoxious if I think about it..

I started as a teen but my daughter is only 6 and she is being the same
    Way I am to my mom..Karma is there!

Maybe we don’t know what people g through..we put on this facade that all is well with us!!

I am sure everyone is suffering their own way..karma acts in different ways..
    We don’t need to see it and should not feel happy about it..

karma is real.