1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Ever Been Overwhelmed Of Your Closet??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Sep 20, 2018.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have clothes ..a lot of them..collected over the years.

1)Some are still fitting and quality is too good.
    2) Many I don’t even know why the heck I brought it in the first place but looks new.
    3) some party wear I hardly even wear.
    4) I go to India and buy too many chudidhar thinking It could be atleast two years for my next trip.
    5) Especially when the time
    Is right,we don’t get that particular dress and end up wearing something which is a disappointment.

How does one clear up the closet and have the right clothes which makes sense?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

E3AD98BE-17FF-43ED-94AE-4FAD5EA6ACE7.jpeg

Believe me! It’s every gals problem :hearteyes:.
    And funniest was I had clothes which I used to wear in my school days too.Those were my favourite ones I dint want to give it to anyone.:roflmao:
    I had to clean it before my wedding as per my moms orders :blush:
    So finally donated all my favourite clothes to maid as she wanted them for her GD.

1. First select the clothes which you are no longer interested and donate if you wish
    2. Select the ones which are simple but your favourite ones and keep together
    2. Keep party wears separately.
    3. Next pick ethnic ones and keep them separately.
    4. There may be few clothes which you wear based on your mood too..
    5. Arrange the clothes according to the seasons

Here is one video which may help !

GeetaKashyap, anika987 and HazelPup like this.
  3. troubledmom

troubledmom Gold IL'ite

Ohhh this is me 100%. I also want to know.

My problem is that whenever I decide I am slimmer now I don’t need to hang on to my fat jeans/larger older sizes and throw them out. boom! I will get foodie attack or my period or something! and balloon up and then nothing will fit. So now I simply hoard all my sizes. Every thing. Hubby calls me pack rat.

Note: I don’t want to throw. I want to know how to arrange...nicely...so I can find it fast when I need. Which can be different times of day, week, month, year etc etc etc

GeetaKashyap and anika987 like this.
  4. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Read somewhere when you buy one dress you should donate 3 of them. Also if you didn’t wear it for an year then its time to go to donation box. Lastly have one dress that you used to wear in college days or early marriage days to give a feel good moment whenever you fit into it. Couple of days a week simply dress up even if you are at home or going to store. That way you can wear all pretty dresses frequently

GeetaKashyap and shravs3 like this.
  5. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Have you heard about the 6 month rule? If you haven't used it in 6 months, it should be thrown out.

My closet has hangers, and this is the trick. Have all them face backwards (so you have push up and forward to take off rack), and for each piece you do use, rehang normally. By end of 3month or 6 month mark, reexamine your closet. Items that are still hanging backwards need to be kicked out.

Of course, adjust with seasonal clothes. For example, summer clothes should be finally examined end of the summer, winter clothes at the end of winter. If you hadn't used it that season, you're definitely not going to use it the next.

Indian clothes are a bit challenging. This is more about your comfort level. If there is something that is past season, and a bit too awkward to wear for upcoming events, donate them- fashion changes too quickly for you to keep them longer.

SinghManisha likes this.
  6. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Of course! Every girl’s problem. I have a separate closet dedicated to Indian clothes.
    I take back a suitcase full each trip so I can keep clutter at bay. I don’t think keeping it for years and years is a good solution. I take it back and donate, even barely used ones. I also don’t buy sarees at all. Mom buys and I just use for the golu season and take it back for new ones.

Reg western clothes, I do donate every year. I used to hoard but I’m a compulsive shopper and it’s best to donate and get new clothes when I barely wear old ones.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  7. Vaidekikrishnan

Vaidekikrishnan Silver IL'ite

Sorry. But it's just for fun... This is what mostly I end u doing :tongueout::facepalm: