Have a State bank ATM/debit card? Now you can earn reward points too

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by dimple7, Feb 24, 2012.

1. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Hallo friends....i would like to ask you one question----- is the use of atm card for shopping really gives reward points which we can later use for redemption? is there any hidden cost associated with it or any T&C associated with it....which might land a hell later on ...incase i activate my freedom-reward account....and start using my debit cum atm card for shopping?
    please reply.
    The article which i came across i pasted below.
    Please do reply

State bank debit card reward point system SBI Freedom rewardz

Good news for all those who have debit cards of the State Bank Group (SBI or any of its associate banks). Just like how credit cards accumulate reward points when you use them for shopping, State Bank debit card (ATM cum Debit) holders can also earn such reward points from now on.
    The State Bank group has recently introduced a unique rewards system called ‘Freedom Rewardz’. If you are a Stata Bank Debit card holder and are living in India, you are automatically enrolled in the program. All you have to do to earn reward points is activate your account.

To do so, just visit this page and fill in the required details and you’ll have your own account where you can check your reward points any time and redeem them for Airline tickets, Bus tickets, Movie tickets and other exciting merchandise.
    Earning reward points

Every time you use your State bank debit card, you earn 2.5 points for every Rs.100 spent. If you spend the amount in any of the State bank partner outlets, you can earn as many as 4.5 reward points for every Rs.100 spent.
    So activate your account now and earn handsome reward points.

2. bujji_1522

bujji_1522 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have used HDFC credit card for the reward points and they work, but the problem is to spend that points we need to have some specific amount of points, say 1000points to get it encashed or to buy anything. if you already have a card, no harm in accumulating the points...they can be encashed not in the form of cash but some kind of coupons or so.

-Bujji

1 person likes this.
  3. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply dear....................

4. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Have anyone used.. SBI ATM card for this purpose....?