1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have A Heart!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 13, 2017.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Srama

I love you and love your writing. How do you do that, God only knows. How do you run, God only knows. I surely need to meet you.
    Heartiest congratulations on completing the course and thank you for delighting us with the narration.
    Loved the way your student's thought about her happiness. She is happy tomorrow, she is happy today and forever. If you happened to have read Sao satcharitha , Baba taught Isha Upanishad through a maid girl who was happy regardless of whether she has a new dress or not. Our inner happiness doesn't depend on any external factors as Viswa uncle says the root of our suffering is inside us.

Well Srama, I will also look into God.com for my future enquiries.
    Keep writing please
    Vani

Srama likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

As always you have nailed it and well Syamala! I realize it is not the destination alone but journey that matters. You know with marathons like I said one can never take it for granted - it is first time every time! But the experience is so thrilling and the stories that one gets to hear if only pauses to get to know others is amazing. You are right, sometimes when it gets had it is one day at a time, one little goal at a time and soon we will be there. Thank you for your feedback.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @SunPa,

Thank you for your very precise and amazing feedback. You got it and summarized it well. I cannot tell you how happy I felt reading your feedback. Thank you!

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @LakshmiKMBhat,

Thank you for your feedback and for nominating this thread. Thank you!

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Your response always delights me and you know it well. Thank you for reading this post and responding with such sense of humor. You know me sir, I love climbing up it is the downhill that terrifies me and it applies when I am running too - even more. Knees you see! The hills indeed are alive with the sound of music, no doubt about it and even if it feels like they are killing us, you know the music is worth it. We all have been there. You know it, no matter you are in your second childhood. We love reading about it. Look at the number of threads you are dishing out. Love it absolutely.

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I could never do long distance walking Balajee unless I am climbing some mountain and I have utmost respect for walkers. I know many a marathon walkers and simply tip my hat to them!

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Shanvy,

Shan, first things first just because I did not mention someone does not mean he is not around. Look what I found just a day or two before the marathon...yes a giant feather reminding me of Illusions! It is a sign my friend :)

feather.jpg

Thank you for such a lovely feedback. You know how much I love reading you and appreciate everything you do and have done. And my friend, any day you can piggy ride on my back to enjoy just like you did today. Thank you for being with me. You know on our training runs much to the annoyance of my DH, I get lost and very easily. It is impossible for him to understand that I am living in the moment, writing a blog in my hand. Oh how I appreciate those volunteers guiding us during the actual marathons!

Thank you dear friend for your very lovely feedback. I hope it made you happy knowing that even though I did not mention him, I see it all around me, all the time!

Shanvy likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

What a beautiful narration that took me straight to your place!
    I can feel a vibration as though I am walking up the hills.Wonderful post!
    The DIL's of our family do participate in marathons.

Jayasala 42

Srama likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Thank you as always for your wonderful response. I do not know if I live in the present, on the contrary I have been told that I am not aware of my surroundings. I can tell you one thing though I somehow feel connected to the energies around me, people, nature and stuff and perhaps I miss what others see. I don't know. Marathons are a good way to keep perspective, no doubt it and like I said every time is a first time. You have no idea how may times I have run this course. Thank fully I have never felt dread, I know what's coming up yet I know there is a goal I can attain. So in a way, you are right similar to life and births :)

It is the people, always the people that make the journey delightful if only we pause to look at them. It is not rare to find mommies/daddies with strollers, some with challenges running the race. I do not know about others but all I see is a fellow runner doing what he/she can to her best in his/her circumstances and I believe that is what we are all doing. Kids delight me to no end, one of the reasons why I choose to teach lower grades. You know last year I was big on teaching recycling and environment and I had this one student who came up to me and said "You know Mrs.S, if I have another birth, I would like to be born a recycle bin! What a great service it does!" They always have something to say that can touch me. I am very glad that I have an opportunity to peep into that innocence at least once a day.

Thank you!

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vani,

You are such a darling. Thank you! I have to confess, I have never read Sai Satcharita though given by a friend and is sitting in the house for at least two years. Will make an effort. Right now, my obsession seems to be Math, believe it or not. I am reading all books related to Math.

Truly vani when I see responses here, I completely touched. Honest to God I write to just to clear my head and seeing that it touched others makes a huge difference to my day. Thank you dear friend!

girvani likes this.