1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hats Off Arnab Goswami!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Nope. This is not one of ,my usual pieces having a dig at you. I have never been a fan of yours . But I am writing this to congratulate you., Hats off for the Shankaracharya tapes!!!!

The police interrogation tapes of Kanchi Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati the main suspect in the Shankararaman murder case (He was acquitted later though all circumatantial evidence pointed to him) shows "his holiness" in an unholy avatar.

The Shankaracharya justifies murders saying all Hindu gods are murderers, as they killed many people. Then he goes on to tell the story of Krishna and Sisupala He narrates how Krishna tolerated 99 sins of Sisupala but on committing the 100th sin, he beheaded him. Then he adds:" There is a limit up to which one can remain patient" Indirect confession perhaps?

Sankararaman administrator of a temple in Kanchipuram was a thorn in the Shankaracharya's flesh. He was constantly exposing financial and other irregularities in the Kanchi Shankara math.

He was a die hard ultra conservative who took Jayendra Saraswati to court once seeking a ban on his travelling abroad as scriptures ban his leaving the country.. Sankararaman had no enemy except the Kanchi Math top honcho. The needle of suspicion pointed only to him.

Yet in 2013 a Pondicherry court exonerated him. And strangely the Tamil Nadu govt . did not file an appeal against the clean chit. Not only Sankararaman but another person, a senior charted accounted , a known critic of the Math was also once beaten up for his outspokenness.

Arnab. please don't give up your pursuit of the case even if you are armtwisted by your BJP partners. Your expose' could unearth new evidence in the case. and Sankararaman's family could get justice years after he was hacked to death outside his temple. If you pirsue such stories fearlessly to their end your Channel will be number one for years to come .

Yours admiringly,

A new found fan

Kamalji, Sandycandy and shyamala1234 like this.

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

@Balajee

As usual another good one from your pen .....oh sorry from your keyboard :)

Finally you became Arnab's fan :)

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,
    According to my perception Whoever justifies a murder is not a good person.
    PS

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji
    I did not see so don't know.if what u say is true,then hats off to Arab.
    How unholy are holy?
    Regards
    Kamal

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am a diehard devotee of the Paramacharya. After his passing away, I never set my foot again at that Mutt.

umaakumar likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

I agree with Cheeniya Sir. After that holy Paramacharya left His mortal coil, we lost interest in the Kanchipuram Mutt especially after Jayanthrar left the Mutt leaving his Thandam behind and made Paramacharya search for him.

Having said that, needle of suspicion may not be enough for a judge to punish a person accused of a murder. The benefit of doubt is always in favor of the defendant. He had spent a lot of money appointing lawyers to defend him well. I have heard his confession on the first night in Jail but any confession made under pressure is never accepted by the court unless the prosecutors produce enough witness. I would consider this as a failure of the prosecution to collect enough evidence.

Poor Sankararaman died for objecting to the way the Mutt was conducted and no justice was achieved for his death. His murder case remains unresolved even today.

Viswa

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

At least in this matter and the way he rips to bits Haryana's BJP govt over the murder of a kid in a Gurgaon school I am his fan.

kcb likes this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

True.Wonder what sort of Hindu religious leader will describe gods as murderers.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Paramacharya's charisma earned the mutt tremendous popularity and he was almost worshiped as a god. I think Jayendra has frittered all that away.

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Exactly Viswa I think he will get away even if the trial is reopened. He has enough wealth to take the matter upto supreme court and drag the case for years and by the time a judgement finally comes he might even be dead considering he is already pretty old.