1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hatred Feeling For My Inlaws And Sil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Goahead, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Goahead

Goahead Silver IL'ite

mY MIL AND SIL gang up together all the time and never tell me anything , talk bad about me behind my back , even to relatives they have spoiled my image , i see them both doing nothing for kids as well. My MIL- is always comparing my kids to my sil and somehow sil kids are always some bechaaras for everything, they get a tons of gifts/attention everything . and the cherry on top - talk so sweetly in front of my husband as if they care....my husband is so blinded by my mil and sil - he tries to keep this relationship going by giving them money etc....he feels hes doing his duty towards his parents and sister.

My sister and my parents d so much for our kids, but my husband never even say thank you to them...he never feels that since my sister is sending them bday gifts and occasional gifts, we should be giving her something back..instead he always wants to send gifts to his sister and his kids ( his sister sends us nothing , even then he never feel that his sister never give bday gifts to our kids and we always do )

i have got this hate feeling now , more like a suppressed anger - i'm angry for my husband for not listeling to me to stop sending unnecessary money to spoil them...he fights with me to send money to his sister ( for parents i say nothing )
    i have started to hate her sister - i feel like why she is gettig so much attention, money , jewellery from everybody in the house ..my inlaws does so much for her and they do nothing for us ....brother does so much and she does not even send a bday gift to my kids....i have started to feel hatred that why is she so important? why on earth i'm suppose to send her money, send her kids Christmas and bday gifts, send her rakhi gifts and cash on any other occasion or sometimes for just no reason ????

i dnt care if i have the extra money , why should i give her...why is she such a brat ???
    if my inlaws were doing things for me, i would have still being able to justify a little...but i dnt understand at all as why i'm suppose to send her extra money just because she is my husband sister????

i have started to resent this so much lately....i keep thinking about this all the time....
    she never even calls me and when i call her , she never tells me anything related to family or anything important...atleast if she was giving me some respect as a bhabhi i would have again justified giving her money ...but i dnt see anything...she never calls me...she always calls on her brother cell and i guess she is just happy talking to him, getting money from him and telling her brother how he should be taking care of parents, how he should take parents on holidays, give them mone etc etc.....

they all use my husband to snatch money from him...it is so obvious now....after 13 years of marriage and my husband acts blind....they are all so sugar coated that i cannot say anything against them...if i tell my husband , how they are so superficial, he fights with me for days and days and spoils my peace....

i want to end my relationship with my inlaws and my sil....my husband can continue to get used by them, but i dnt want to have any relationship with them anymore.....
    i dnt know how to do it without declaring it.....i hate all of them so much and i hate my husband for always taking their side.....he can even divorce me for them....

i dnt want to give even a penny to my sil anymore...she is not entitled to anything just because she is my husbands sister...they all are money demanding owls....i feel like giving left and right to my mil and sil one day .....and tell them how much i hate them and know that they care not even for their son and they are trying to use him all the time....

oh GOD, why did you create such artifical relations...when and how will my husband understand....i dnt want him to end his relationship but just want him to stop sending or giving them unnecessary money and act like a fool....i have never seen my fil giving any extra money or gift that what is required to his sister...why cant my husband understand that?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    shravs3 likes this.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I can understand your stress about your inlaws and sil ! Why on earth should you give your extra savings to your SIL and her family ! Tell your husband tat instead of spending dollars on her family save it for your future . After all even you have family ! Make him to invest on you and your kids . Tell him tat now kids are small so you won’t know the expenses once they start growing it will be burden for him only in future . Rather spending on sil save money for your kids and future !

When your sil gives lecture about parents you can tell tat when gals have rights in property , jewellery sharing then why can’t
    she take care of her parents too! :grin:

I seriously hate this typical Indian parents mentality , they pamper their daughters even after ages but why not DIL :wink:

3. Goahead

Goahead Silver IL'ite

thanks Shravs3..but my husband does not listen to me...we have enough savings for kids etc and he feels that its not a big amount ....he fights with me if i say anything...thats why i'm frustated ....its much more important for him t o give money to his sister than seeing that his wife is unhappy about it...if i say something, he just says quiet and tells me that let me do this ..this is my thing similar to like you go like shopping etc....i feel like snacthing my hair when he compares me shopping or going to a parlor to his luxury to giving money to his sister.....i would never stop him to even buy a ferari but what sense it makes to give money to sister and feel happy....and he never gets me anything for karwachauth or anything but will find reasons to give gifts to his sister ...
    i have given up telling my husband because he fights with me so much for his sister..i hate that my husband values his sister more than me.....
    i dnt know what else to do except to be quiet and have a peace of mind....

4. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Dont stop your husband from giving his sister because he anyway is not listening to you. Instead slowly make changes in your investment strategies for your kids and your family.Open new investment options for kids wherein you have to allocate money for that every month,and join some gold scheme citing need for children in future. And ask gifts for yourself whenever he buys for his sister:grinning:this way he will dread gifting his sister because it is all going to be double.

And your SIL already doesn't talk to you na, why are you worried about how to cut ties with her? Don't call/initiate talks unless she reciprocates. Tell your husband firmly that he cannot change your attitude towards them when he cant listen to you.

shravs3 likes this.