1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has Mil Taken Care Of Her Mil?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Desiindian, Jan 23, 2018.

1. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

She herself is a daughter.

nakshatra1 and MonikaSG like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Absolutely Delighted with such positive messages. This kind of love, affection & bonding could co exist with antithesis in neighbour hood is possible in cases where previous births the souls were in the habit of doing good deeds without any expectation of reward or Award. You consider yourself very lucky and since you are product of the same gene, naturally your siblings and you too would be doing only lot of good keeping service to humanity uppermost always in mind.
    God Bless Us All.

curiousgals78 and MonikaSG like this.
  3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Yes I told her this but she can't change with this.

4. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi
    My mother in law will be very happy to share her experience.but I ve to hear that for more than 100 times.i feel very irritated.she will tell her pregnancy story And the way she took care of her children.ill loose my temper,so I ll escape from that place
    Coming to your question,my mil never lived with in-law.bcos grandma was with her eldest son till death,so my mil enjoyed living in nuclear family.

5. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

:roflmao:No she didnt. As soon as she got married she made her husband ask for his half in the inheritence. They got the land and started their own life independently. Yet she still claims her MIL loved her.

6. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Despicable MIL

7. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

My MIL never lived with her in laws, live alone living with them she broke all ties with them, my hubby and his siblings don't even remember their paternal uncles or Aunts, her in laws stayed in the interior part of a town while her hubby (my FIL) moved to main city for his job, from a very early age her kids thought that their paternal relatives are band of bad people because she portrayed them like that, my hubby always believed that his mother can never be wrong. Even for our wedding they were not invited from the time I entered their house my ears were filled with series of their stories and how my poor MIL managed them all ( she hardly stayed 10 days with them). Her MIL lived for 90+ years, in fact she expired 8 years of my marriage, only my FIL went for her funeral and came back within 3 days, he was not even their for the 11th day ceremony and here my MIL continued with her pooja's etc as if nothing happened at all.

Reminiscing my past memories, this very MIL would have bag of advises as to how an ideal DIL should behave and how I am not up to the mark, they say karma always plays its role and people will get back immediately for their misdeeds but is this really true... for a lady who din't care about her MIL all her life time but her DIL (thats me) took care of her until her death..

8. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I totally understand how you feel .
    By Gods' grace my MIL is healthy and active and young and not yet in an age to need being taken care of . But when her age comes, I will take care of her very well to best of my capacity because she is my husband's mother .

It is a fact she chose to stay separately from her PILs and my FIL supported her .But irrespective of that I will take care because she is my husband's mother .

We all will take care of our MILs in their old age . Difference is if they love us without feeling entitled to our care , we would do out of love and gratitude , and everyone will be happy . And it depends on MILs behaviour towards DIL and not to whether she took care of her MIL.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  9. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Superb, humorous and admirable quote... nice...

10. pranavi1987

pranavi1987 Gold IL'ite

Hello blessed,

I agree with what you said, You did a good job of taking care of your MIL, yes it is a normal human nature to feel that my MIL never cared for her, But still I cared for her in old age. What ever may be the case, You did what you have to do from your end, Karma definitely plays in every one's life, You don't know what hardships she had faced in her life too for the deeds she had done in the past, definitely she would had felt bad ,If she had done a mistake and would had blessed you in her heart for the things you had done to her. Definitely you will be peaceful and happy in your old age, with out any guilt in your heart.

blessed likes this.