Has anyone visited Motherhood Hospital, in Indira Nagar, Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cj1980, Aug 5, 2011.

1. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I came across a couple of hoarding for Motherhood in Indira Nagar Bangalore and i thought "Oh no, yet another "luxury birthing suite ad". But out of curiosity, I checked the website and some reviews and found them to be good, especially for a Dr.Vijayalaxmi...does anyone have a first-hand experience at this hospital or the doctor? Has anyone tried this hospital for assisted conception?

I am basically scouting for a good doc and hospital for an injectible IUI procedure (not decided when, but i want to weigh my options now that we've been TTC for 18 months without success)...I have been to Cradle and Sure Fertility previously, but they are all very far from where I live, which is near Marathahalli. So, a good hospital in Indira Nagar will be a better option for me, if i decide to go for an IUI. There are no other good hospitals nearby. So, I'll really appreciate any inputs from bangalore-based ILs regarding this hospital and the doctors, lab facilities, etc.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,
    Carol

2. madhu18

madhu18 New IL'ite

Hi carol,

For the unable to get pregnant can approach gunasheela nursing home in bangalore .For me i have pcos(period for 50days once) i try naturally for 6months i could not able to get pregnant when i went their they did lot of tests and said to try naturally for 1more year just she gave some medicines for 1month just after a month i got pregnancy but i couldn't realised as i have 50day period so i got aborted @ home when i cosulted them they old even if u have irregular also test after every 35 days again with in a month i got pregnancy they gave nice treatment to sustain my pregnancy. they hands are so good so many achieve pregnancy with out taking medicines as their hands power is good.dont waste time for searching the doctors go to gunasheela definitely u will conceive.

3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your response Madhu. I have heard very mixed reviews about gunasheela...but, thanks for your personal story. Will think about it.

Cheers,
    Carol

4. roojai

roojai New IL'ite

Hi Carol..

I visited Motherhood, i do not kw about dr. vijayalaxmi.. but my experence in motherhood was bad. i met dr.disha when i was 30 weeks pregnent. she was very much preasuring me to get my baby wighting 2kg out at 34 weeks itself the reason being my amniotic fluid was more, 2nd cord around the neck, 3rd i was lactating. she insisted me more when i said abt lactating saying the oxygen level for baby wil reduce. n i must go for a c.section.. infact she said me that your baby wil die not once but twice, wil any doctor say it to an expecting mother who has lots of dreams for the little one.. i was very upset n finally i made wise decision by choosing fortis hospital. i knew a doctor there Dr. Geetha. but just for the distance sake did nt chose it. she said fluid level is not a concern, n cord was jus near the neck n lactating which is normal in pregnency. i delivered a healthy baby boy wtg 3.2kg with no issues. now he is 6monhs old. my advice pls do not see distance its not a concern.. pls chose a good hospital n doctor. Motherhood has mentioned they hav 4D SCAN which is false aswel..

we hav so much in store for the little one.. let us chose the best for them. Dont make the mistake i made by going there specially to Dr. Disha..

Regards

5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi Roojai,

Thanks for the info. I have moved to the U.S since this post and am now almost 11 weeks pregnant :)...Thanks anyway for taking the time to update this post...I guess it will be useful for those who are considering Motherhood as an option. Great to hear you had a safe delivery!

6. sriramatkk

sriramatkk New IL'ite

My wife got admitted for C-section delivery at Motherhood @ Sarjapur road, Bangalore and operation was done by 6 AM. She was put in recover room for 2 hrs. I was told that she will be shifted to room from recovery room by 8 AM. I was waited till 9:15 am outside for her and went inside to check the status as I had no clue what was happening. I went inside and shocked to see her condition as was completely with dry throat and sweating, told me that she was on stretcher for the past 40 mins. And nobody was there to help her if any help require. When writing this tears coming out of eye...When I asked staff there later they said they all went to handle an emergency case. My question is how can leave a patient like that for other patient? In between if they get another emergency case will she be taken care after that, I mean another 2 hrs and so…?. They are money making machines... trust me. I dont have to lie for anything unnecessarily.