Has anyone visited Coorg, Madikeri?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by rkgurbani, Dec 2, 2011.

1. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

rkgurbaniji,

Coorg is the must and should place visit if u r staying in bangalore. The regular tiredness of stying and seeing the same city and buildings will vanish when u enter the coorg. It so calm ,serene and everlasting tranquility makes u difficult to leave it when u finished the trip.
    Rakiji has mentioned all the places to be visited.
    as far as the stay is concerned, we stayed in Jaivik greens estate stay.The caretaker name of this estate is Tippu. Unfortunately i hav lost his mobile number, but u can reach them on 08276-262425.
    He charged 1000/- per head per day. It included breakfast and lunch(or dinner) + complimentary coffee at arrival. If any extra coffee ordered will be charged(40/- per cup, but worth drinking it). Ambience is awesome. If u want the preferred food, u need to tell him 3-4 days in advance as he need to goto nearby market to pickup the ingredients.
    The good thing was that we had a driver who knew every corner of coorg. he took us in innova car as we were a total of 7 people.

2. priyaprasath

priyaprasath New IL'ite

Hi
    Coorg is a nice place, it is very calm and peaceful place which we may need from city life sometimes.We were there for 2 days before the day&the day of diwali this year.we stayed there bolibeta(tata coffee) estates,it was a nice experience there ,food is also good ,they arrange nature walk which i wondered like forest,if u want means u can go. From there u have to go Thalacauveri ,which is the origin of kaveri(only tamilnadu people will go they said).
    we started from chennai,to bangalore and to on the way to mysore there is two temples are Nimishamba temple and another one is narayan temple(don't miss). In mysore , Palace,zoo,chamundi hills,birds sanitorium,u can see.
    luv priya

3. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Hi,i have been to coorg 4 yrs before...its a lovely place:)

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    we went to Coorg 3 years ago and had a good experience. We stayed at the Tourism department's hotel. Though the room was good, the staff were not very accomodative. We ate at a small eatery in the college road, Sri Krishna Bhavanam, which served dosa, vada etc. which was tasty too. Other hotels were not very impressive. Since the hotel was just a stone's throw from Raja's seat, we did not have any problem commuting. We rented a cab and went to various places. Go to the elephant camp early in the morning so that you can watch the elephants being fed and all that - we went late and so missed out that. Thalakaveri trip will be very nice. We just sat at the Raja's seat and watched the sceneray in the evenings, heavenly. There is a show of musical fountain there in the evenings on most days. Have a great holiday.

5. sudhasuresh

sudhasuresh Silver IL'ite

Hi
    coorg is very nice place to visit ,
    we stayed in a home stay very near to elephant camp and river rafting
    it was so clean and the food they served was very tasty .We went 2 years back ,sorry, i couldn't remember their name,
    sudha

6. pallo2k

pallo2k New IL'ite

I have also been to the place. Its a beautiful place.

U'll find some useful info here

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  7. nagaswarupa

nagaswarupa New IL'ite

Hi, I also want to go for Coorg tour with my friends. I heard it is one of the best places for sight seeing. You can approach any travel agents, who can guide you properly. All the best.