has anyone taken naatu marundhu/angayapodi/legiyam after C-section

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Concordeelshad, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Concordeelshad

Concordeelshad New IL'ite

Did anyone takecn any naatu marundhu like legiyams, angayapodi etc after C-section. I am schedulec for one and I know the angayapodi, prasava legiyam are good but can we take it after c-section ? If yes, after how many days after the c-section can we take it. thank you for the replies.

2. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I had a c-section and i had the prasava legiyam that my mum bought from India.It doesnt harm you or anything.
    just avoid cold foods like curd and stuff and no masala food for 45 days.
    have lots of garlic included items.
    If you need more info feel free to ping me

3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I did, I had the legiyam (not sure if it is the pravasa legiyam) and angaya podi and I was absolutely fine. I strictly followed what we call the "pathiyam" routine for food and I had absolutely no issues.

4. Concordeelshad

Than you peartree. after how many days did you start the legiyam ? and Angayapodi ?

Please can you tell me the pathiyam routine you followed ?

5. Concordeelshad

Thank you hon. Can you please tell me the routine you followed after C-sec ? after the day you had c-sec
    1. what were the first foods you had ?
    2. when did u start the prasava legiyam ?
    3. what r the foods you had for the first 40 days ?

Thank you so much.

6. Sowmya2809

Sowmya2809 Bronze IL'ite

hey
    even i had all the podis and legiyam and strictly follwed the pathiyam routine after csection...
    actually for fist two days for me it was just drips and mainly juices and liquids...
    on the third day rasam rice that too so watery i could hardly see the rice and the doctor told me to go to the loo to sit and see for any kind of pains...and the legiyam and foods started after 4 days as soon as i went home and ya it continued for more than 2 -3 months...as said above have lots of garlic for milk production..
    avoid bread and such substance which would make loo scenes difficult and eat with lots of ghee and green veggies...although the doctor says we can eat all but with grannies and moms and mils...we cannot..so avoid spicy masalas..and yeah i used to take vethalai after each meal...so that the child doesn't spit(i mean kakkardhu in tamil) milk..but whatever i did he used to spit..so....have fun and enjoy since everyone will now tell you to eat for your kid...:( :)

7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

My mum gave me some legiyam from the day I returned home - two days after my child was born by c-section. I didn't follow any particular diet; two hours after the c-section, I ate hospital food as I was famished for not having been able to eat the whole day. I ate normal healthy food with plenty of fruit and vegetables. I avoided red-chillies mainly.

After c-section, it took a while for my milk to come in. Eating methi seeds helped a lot in that area. I would soak about two spoons of methi seeds in yoghurt overnight; top up with yoghurt as required - the methi kept absorbing the yoghurt; there was about 6-7 spoons in the pot by next day. Starting in the morning, I would eat a teaspoon of those seeds every couple of hours through out the day.

A friend of mine started adding methi leaves everyday in her curries from her seventh month or so. All the best.

8. Concordeelshad

Thank you lovely ladies. My dh and me will be doing this alone , have a 5 year old too.
    added I will be delivering in feb it will be very cold and raining here, so hoping the legiyam, garlic, sukku and thippili will warm me up.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  9. sandynar

sandynar Gold IL'ite

Concord
    I have answered your queries below in blue.
    When are you due?
    I will pray to god for a safe delivery.
    You will be very weak so its better to start with liquids and then gradually eat solids.
    Eating solids on the same day might be good or bad depending on your body.So listen to what your body needs on tht day.

10. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

I also had the lehyam's and the kashayam's.
    I think I had hospital food for 4-5 days, sandwiches and all..
    then went home and ate pathiya saapadu. No problems at all.