1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Ever Bought A Stuffed Toy For The Significant Other (especially Men/husbands/would-be)?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by blissofmylife, Oct 14, 2016.

1. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Just a little nostalgic.. This was during our courting days and we were in different cities.. It was my first trip back to my hometown after our engagement.. As soon as I entered Archies, I saw this cute monkey with a "I Love You" sign and bom! I had to buy it.. I couldn't think of anything else but my hubby.. But, now after 8 years, I think probably it was too lame..

type2 likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha. I've done something similar - right down to animal holding I love you heart. And it was a bit cherished for a few years. Then I couldn't stand it myself and gave it away to a charity shop a few years ago. I can't remember if my SO missed it... I should ask him...

GoneGirl and madras2018 like this.
  3. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

:laughing: Thanks for assuring me that I am not alone.. however the sad part is that, during one of our silly fights in the initial years of marriage, this was mentioned.. After that, I have never been able to gain confidence to buy a present for my husband.. feels like I have given up.. be it any important occasion of our lives, I just cant gather courage to buy him something.. I feel lost..

GoneGirl, guesshoo and type2 like this.
  4. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

:grinning:u r not alone. did the exact same thing 8 years ago. i even painted i love you in a heart using Microsoft paint and emailed him:facepalm:

GoneGirl, blissofmylife and guesshoo like this.
  5. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

lol. I did that too !! Not once but quite a few times.
    Now I realise that the matter I wanted to convey was so classy but the props I used to do that just did not match :BangHead:
    Now when we go to shops and buy toys for DD and DS, my husband asks me if I am looking for anything to gift him with. :facepalm:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  6. Jackline

Jackline New IL'ite

We are married for two years now and still gift each other stuffed toys :banana:

7. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

I have done that too..I don't think it's lame..just cute :) though he was embarrassed to keep it..he stayed with friends back then :D but all these things that make us nostalgic now ..