Has anyone bought a Prestige cast iron tawa ?? Currently facing problems with it.. :(

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Antu601, Nov 8, 2009.

1. vibs

vibs New IL'ite

Re: Has anyone bought a Prestige cast iron tawa ?? Currently facing problems with it.

Hi all,:bonk

My story is also same like Anushaka. I bought Prestige cost iron tawa and seasoned it, but Dosas never came out good. infact it didnot come out in one piece. then I bought another non- stick tawa and I use it without oil at all. I have not seasoned it nor I use oil while making Dosas/uttapas. But Dosa comes out very crispy. :bowdown

bye
    Vibs

2. Lrenuka

Lrenuka New IL'ite

Re: Has anyone bought a Prestige cast iron tawa ?? Currently facing problems with it.

Cooking on an iron tawa can be really beneficial in a way that some of the iron is actually absorbed into our bodies when we consume the food. Applying oil on the tawa is necessary but more important, I suppose, is that you need to let it stand for a few minutes before heating the tawa. I saw this tip on the tv when some lady was making some kerala recipe. She applied oil all over the pan and let it stand for the whole night before using it the next morning. I followed the same tip though I took just five minutes before heating the tawa.

3. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Hi ILs,:hiya
    Anushka and vibs are sailing in the same boat as me, and we are all going :rant:rant.
    And thanks for the remedies like oiling the tawa. But believe me all this is not working:spin
    I am sure anushka and vibs must have been in the same situation like me :drowning
    Ladies, just dont give up like this but try till you suceed.
    Common IL,
    come up with some more ideas please:thumbsup
    Together we shall work it out, whatcha say :?::?: :idea
    Dont you give up tsk

4. resmadxb

resmadxb New IL'ite

Hi Antu,

I too have the same issue with Prestige Cast Iron Tawa ... :( here its mentioned "Non-Stick - Cast Iron Tawa" Totally frustrated...

Tried all methods mentioned here... But still the same result...

Best Regards,
    Resma

5. resmadxb

resmadxb New IL'ite

6. NN2

NN2 New IL'ite

Hi,
    The above link to season cast iron dosa tawa was helpful but I found that after a few days I need to re season the tawa. Want to check out pre-seasoned cast iron dosa tawa.
    Any inputs from anyone using pre seasoned dosa kal will be helpful.
    Thanks