Harmless Home Remedies.

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

For urinary infection

Any simple remedies for urinary infection? Sometimes there's urge frequency and at night due to burning/discomfort I get up often. Hence sleep is also disturbed. Am on homeopathic medicine - but it hasn't helped much. I drink coconut water whenever possible.
    Thanks Chitivish. You are recipe rani and doctor devi all rolled into one!
    Sharada

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I admit, you have stumped me !

Dear Sharada,
    I am prone to the same problem - but whenever the problem starts, I have the tests done & finally there is a urinary tract infection. The complete treatment ( ofcourse, allopathic) over a period of a month gives me relief. So in spite of all " home tratments", don't ignore it & get the urine tested & if necessary cultured. You cannot afford to postpone this.
    Drinking barley water helps. There is a thorny shrub called " nerunji mullu" available in country medicine shops. Boiling that with water for sometime & drinking the extract helps. Try it, if you have the patience !
    regards & love,
    Chithra.

3. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Will follow yr advice

Thanks Chithra,
    Due to disturbed sleep at night I sleep heavily in the afternoon (when I'm at home) - and it upsets my other schedules. Will start on allopathy soon.
    Sharada

4. Kute Kiddo

Kute Kiddo New IL'ite

Remedy for Urinary Infection.

To Mrs. Sharada & Mrs. Chithra,

(1) The following is a remedy given by Mrs.Mano Saminathan long back, in another site. I'm reproducing it here.

Wash a handful of black gram [urad] well & soak it in 4 or 5 cups of water. After 1 hr. [even after 1/2 an hr.], drink the water as much as you could. Pain will immediately disappear & there will be normal flow of urine. Again fill up the water in the vessel in which you soaked the black gram. Thus, drink this water again & again instead of regular water, as much as you can. If you start this procedure in the morning, by evening the water will give a slightly bad smell 'cos of the black gram. Do not worry about it, you can drink the water till night. In the night, can change the black gram & the water. This is the best solution for hot summer weather.

(2) This is another remedy from my files, have no idea from which site I have got it.

For burning sensation in urine, 6gm. of onion should be boiled in 500ml. of water. Remove from fire after half the water has evaporated. Strain this water, allow to cool, and then drink it, for good relief.

Hope you find this tips helpful,
    Regards,
    K K .

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

sharada, a piece of advise..

Here in US, heard many people telling that drinking cranberry juice will help out..why dont u try?

Take care..

6. Chitvish

Thankyou, KK & Ami !

Dear KK & Ami,
    KK, I plan to try put your first remedy which looks more palatable than the first.
    Ami, since cranberry juice is very bitter, on a doctor's advice, my niece got me from U S, Natural Whole Herb - Cranberry fruit. I am swallowing that religiously - but without any effect. I think gulping down gallons of water is the only easy remedy !
    Anyway thanks to both of you for your concern.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

urinary infection remedies

Hello all,

I saw this discussion and thought wld chip in. An elderly lady known to me is also suffering from this rather severely, so I am also in search of natural remedies.

In my friend's case, she gets it whenever under stress, so this infection does have a psychosomatic effect (sorry, my technical terms may be inaccurate).

She has been asked to avoid all sweets (she is not diabetic) and hot,spicy foods. So pickles, fried stuff and garam masala are all no-no. She also has to drink a minimum of two litres of water daily. She follows all these religiously and has been free for two years, thanks to God.

We made one error in the initial treatment- we first took her to a urologist. His treatment was all messed up. Then we took her to a nephrologist and then things got better. I have given her cranberry juice, cranberry tablets etc, sadly it did not work in her case. For others,it seems to work, I guess.

Allopathic treatment works like a miracle in two three doses.

Thanks Mrs Chitvish, KK and Ami for yr valuable input. Sharadha, hope u get better soon.

rgds
    Vidya

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  8. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

kute kiddo, ami, vidya, chithra

Thanks so much for suggesting these home remedies. Have bought cranberry teabags - but they didn't help much. Will try drinking urad dal water.
    thanks once again,
    Sharada

9. Chitvish

Jeera-Ginger Combinations - to relieve flatulence & heaviness.

Jeera & ginger Churanam:

Juice of 12 medium lemons

Jeera - 125 gms

Ginger - 125 gms

Indhuppu - 2 tsp ( available in shops selling country medicines)

Mix everthing in juice.

Dry in shade & powder.

Very good for digestion.

Vaayu Churanam:

Take equal amounts of ajwain (omum), jeera & dry ginger (chukku)

Soak in enough curds for 24 hrs.

Dry in a plate everyday under the sun, till dry.

Powder & use.

10. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Dear chithvish,
    this home remedies section is absolutely wonderful(like all your other recipie sections!!!)you are a real blessing to young girls like me living away from their family in U.S ,your simple remedies are very helpful!!only thing we dont get certain ingredients like kanda thipilli,kaleesha pathiri etc....(am sorry but i dont even know what they are or how they look!!!)during my recent trip to India i bought a small stock of such 'naatu marundu' herbs-thipili,adimaduram,chithirathai,kadukai,jadikai.....can i manage with these?is there any substitue for kanda thipilli,naatu sarkarai etc..?or is it ok if i omit them? your guidance is appreciated.
    vidhya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.