Harivansh Puran

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by P~S, Jan 12, 2009.

1. pragati2008

pragati2008 New IL'ite

To read Harivansh puran,
    First buy a book of Gita Press.
    Its not complusory to read it in Sankrit, read it in hindi(whatever u r comfortable)
    Before starting , first take a sanklap, that in how many days u r completing it , it can be 7 or 11 or 21 or 51 days.
    and tell the reason to god that why u r reading it, its mainly for a boy child but u can say to god whatever u feel better, u can give to me.
    then keep book on raan and cover it with yellow cloth.
    Start reading book in shuklpaksh, when moon start growing.
    Keep kalash with water on right side of urself in ur pooja room.
    lit dhoopbatti and jyot, do puja of harivansh puran and keep tulsi leaf on it and have feeling that this book is lord krishna.
    After reading it, eat tulsi and drink water from kalash.
    u can read it in morning, afternoon and evening, whenever you have time but always be pure physically,never at ur period time.

All these information i have got from panditji who live in nand gaon.

dc24 likes this.
  2. hopefaith

hopefaith New IL'ite

I am new to this forum . I have a quick question .How many pages is this book? Since it's in Sanskrit ,I am sure it's gonna be tough to read and finish in few days. Anybody here has befinited with this. my mom wants me to read it as I have no kids after 6 years of our marrige.

3. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

Hi, it has around 1200 pages in all. I have heard that the husband should read this book and the wife shud listen to it... is it true? can anyone help me with this. I've been married for 4.5 yrs and still no gud news.. very very depressed !!!

4. Happyqueen

Happyqueen New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Someone mentioned in the earlier post about Aarya stuti in Harivansh puran to get a girl child... Can you please provide that mantra and the relevant procedure? This is for my friend who wants a girl child after three boys.. Thank you in advance !!