1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hari Lakhera's Dream

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Aug 28, 2019.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

I forwarded the two articles by Shri Hari lakhera to my grandson Aditya, 15 studying X standard in US.I just wanted to inspire him with good dreams.

Within two days came the reply .
    Dear Patti, I have already started writing an article with my name as 'AdiT ya An An D an'( His full name is Aditya Anandan,( Anandan is my son.
    Please read further about the introduction of Aditya Anandan in the podium while awarding Nobel.

"Mr. Adi T ya An an D an ! Your name is really strange

containing the article'an' thrice , a powerful combination

of a Japanese and westernised name! "
    Aditya continues :-

Reminded me strongly of a great American writer—a two--time Pulitzer Prize Winner—John Updike who wrote an affectionate tribute to one Shri.M.Anantanarayanan.

John Updike’s Poem

Read a poem Updike wrote in " Time " on M.Ananthanarayanan, who was Chief Justice of Madras and writer of several books, the most famous being "The Silver Pilgrimage".

Updike wrote on the author simply by being impressed with his name. Do read this delightful poem.

" I Missed His Book, But I Read His Name "

by John Updike (1932-2009)

Though authors are a dreadful clan
    To be avoided if you can,
    I'd like to meet the Indian,
    M. Anantanarayanan.
    I picture him as short and tan.
    We'd meet, perhaps, in Hindustan.
    I'd say, with admirable elan ,
    "Ah, Anantanarayanan --
    I've heard of you. The Times once ran
    A notice on your novel, an
    Unusual tale of God and Man."
    And Anantanarayanan
    Would seat me on a lush divan
    And read his name -- that sumptuous span
    Of "a's" and "n's" more lovely than
    "In Xanadu did Kubla Khan" --
    Aloud to me all day. I plan
    Henceforth to be an ardent fan
    of Anantanarayanan --
    M . Anantanarayanan.

See, how children get carried away by a particular part of the mail and try to go deep into it.He has made but sincere search in the Google about this aspect'repeated 'an'- five times in the name ANANTHANARAYANAN, and had found out an apt poem about a Tamilian, about whom I myself am not aware of

Today's kids are too smart .I wrote back"at least for this search and further researches to follow'you deserve a nobel."
    jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Mam,
    First my sincere thanks for forwarding my article to your grandson Aditya Oh!!! 'AdiT ya An An D a n'. At his age he is quite imaginative and investigative. God bless him.
    Names and surnames can be quite amusing too. In Maharastra First name then father's name and then surname. Thus my name would be Hari Prahalad Lakhera but as per my certificate it is Hari Prasad Lakhera. The LIC removed Prasad and added Prahalad. No issue as long as they send my annuities on time.
    Here in USA a friend's son, named as Pushpendu Singh, Pushpendu being first name. Some years back there was sort of a fad to away with surnames in Bihar. So his father removed Singh, the surname from his name and as per all documents his name is Pushpendu. In USA he was told he must a surname after his name. So he became Pushpendu Pushpendu. His children born here are carrying now the original surname Singh.
    Someone truly said 'what is in a name'!!!!