1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hari In Haste Hurried To Heavens

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:HARI IN HASTE HURRIED TO HEAVENS

It is real funny! In case of an emergency, speak only in English. Never say prayers in any other language. U never know what kind of translation problem u can run into.

An Indian in the US suffered a heart attack on the road and was picked up by an ambulance. Being religious, he kept repeating - Hari Om, Hari Om, Hari Om.

When the ambulance pulled into his home, his wife came out and screamed to the paramedics: 'Why didn't you take him straight to the hospital?' They replied "Because he kept saying, 'Hurry home Hurry home Hurry home!'

God Bless speakers of accented English!

--

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

You talk of accents abroad.
    Many times we are mistaken in our own place. Malayaalees use the word'Raavile' for early morning whereas we use 'raavile' for nights or raatri.
    Even various dialects or usages cause confusions at our end.My neighbour recently settled in our place.That mami was narrating an incident.Our place had a big temple and monkeys used to roam about in the compound( mathil) of the temples.Seeing that mami said that on a particular day a monkey entered 'paavaadai'-The exact wording was 'paavaadaikkul kurangu pugunthu vittathu'Everybody including myself began to laugh ,repeated what she said and laughed aloud.Mami being new to our place started weeping and went inside.She thought we were making fun of her.I felt very bad.I was 16 at that time.After half an hour I went to their house and sought apology.
    She repeated what she said and asked what was there to laugh.
    I blinked.I asked her how can a monkey enter into one's skirt or paavaadai.
    She started explaining that for 'parann'or loft they used to say'paavadakku' .By saying'paavaadakkulle kurangu pugunthu vittathu' she had meant that monkey entered into the loft and that we began to laugh even without being curious to know how she drove the monkey out.
    I apologised again and we became friends thereafter.

Jayasala 42

4. Thyagarajan

Thank you madam sister. Your FB LOL.
    2. My roommate HARIHARAN in Kamala lodge iv floor without lift - elevator - at Chembur used to say in evenings :
    3. Oru Kuli Pottu Chavatth KIZHA erakina sugham thane.
    HE MEANT AFTER TAKING BATH IN THE EVENING WHEN I GO DOWN IT IS WONDERFUL
    HE also used to say so and so wrapped her! You know what He Meant!
    Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Your post will make everyone laugh even if they are sad. Good one

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sri Thyagarajan:

The following is a joke I heard long time back:

A very arrogant Tamil politician and a kind Telugu man were traveling together in a first class compartment in Tamilnadu Express to Delhi. The Tamil politician knew only to speak in Tamil and Telugu gentleman knew only Telugu. As Tamilnadu Express doesn't stop in most station and was passing through Andhra Pradesh, Tamil politician asked in Tamil, "Endha Ooru peru ennanga?" (What is the name of this town?) and the Telugu gentleman politely asked, "Eamandi?" (What did you ask?). The Tamil politician assumed that is the name of the town. Another town passed by and he repeated the question and the Telugu gentleman answered the same. The Tamil politician assumed one must be South and another must be North of the town with the same name. The third town passed by and Tamil politician asked the same question and Telugu gentleman replied the same. The Tamil politician being a thug got angry and starting beating the Telugu gentleman for making fun of him. Finally, Telugu gentleman in order to requested the Tamil politician to stop beating him said, "Kottathandi" meaning "Please stop beating me". The Tamil politician finally said, "Intha perai mudallaye sollirukkalam illa?" meaning "You must have said this name of the town when I asked for the first time". Language barriers can cause many problems.

Thank you for cautioning me what not to say if there is an emergency in the US. I will say "Shiva, Shiva" or "Namasivaya" without "Aum".

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello: I enjoyed reading this wonderful joke. LOL.:blush:
    Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My husband tells how America was named.dont knowhowfar it is true.

One couple from London went to California it seems . There was a malayalee shop and they went there. The man asked what is the name of this place . The malayalee did not underdstand what he is asking. malayalee told the madam amme irukku in malayalam and the man thought America.

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Deepika23

Deepika23 Silver IL'ite

i still remember an incident when my cousin came from kerala to visit us in chennai. we went to a shop and they asked us " payi konduvaraleya" meaning didnt u bring ur bag in tamil. but in malayalam payi or pai means a calf. my cousin was surprised and asked my mom "aunty where is ur calf i never saw one:.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  10. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

The title of the post
    Hari In Haste Hurried To Heavens
    scared me first but then I regained my senses and pinched myself from every angle to make sure I was alive and on earth live an kicking and surely not being hurried to heaven, though I wish that was true as so far no one has been hurried to heaven dead or alive. I could have made a record of sort. hahahahahahaahahahahaaaa.

Thyagarajan likes this.