Happy Women's Day

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by Shakthi, Mar 8, 2006.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Happy Womens Day

Dear All

A very happy womens day from my end too!!

It's really great being part of this community which has such a large number of women and ofcourse some wonderful men who make us feel so great about being women!!!

Earlier,my hubby used to think I am wasting my time in this forum,but after our visit to Chennai and after meeting Mrs.CV in person(which he proudly keeps telling to everyone who visits home),his views have changed a lot.Now he feels that this forum is a very effective one because he feels that sitting at home ,I am getting to learn a lot just by browsing thru' this forum.

Thanks to all at IL ...I 'm looking forward to celebrating all forthcoming womens days thru' this wonderful site.

Cheers [​IMG]

2. ridhi23

ridhi23 New IL'ite

Nari! Tum keval shraddha ho

Hello all the Beautiful Beatiuful Women out there!!

Actually women and beauty sound redundant in the same sentence as the word woman itself defines beauty!! Only the woman has the complete Trinity (Brahma-the creator, vishnu-the preserver and shiva-the destroyer) in herself. She is the creator in the form of a mother-she is a preserver in the form of a wife, a sister and the Daughter in law-taking care of others and loving selflessly and and every women had the destryoer in herself which puts and end to sins and evil. She can take the form of Mother Teresa , Florence Nightingale..she can take the from of Marie Curie, Sarojani Naidu..and She also take the from of Rani lakshmibai when called for!! I would like to Quote the very beautiful verse by Dr. Jayashankar Prasad as he defines nari..
    Nari! Tum keval shraddha ho,
    Vishwas-rajat-nag-pal-tal mei,
    Piyush srot si baha karo,
    Jeevan ki sundar samtal mei.

Oh woman! you are honor personified
    Under the silver mountain of faith,
    Flow , like a river of ambrosia
    On this beautiful earth.

Happy Women's Day