1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

In my friend's team at office sends some inspirational stories to all the team members on weekly basis. It should be a very small story with small incidents (not more than a page) and should end with the moral of the story. I wrote something and sent him. Then I shared the same story with my brother. He didn't like the story. He made lots of changes in the story and sent back to me.

Today I wanted to post something expressing love as Valentine's special. I remembered this story and fished out from my mailbox. After contemplating which version should I share, I have decided to share both. [Because in my friend's office they didnt like the story and rejected it. It was lying around without audience. I have planned to setup a stage for it now]

My Version:

Kyle Wilkinson, an illustrious attorney, was admired by his sub-ordinates because of his intelligence, in spite of his inability to see the world through his eyes.

He was once run into by his childhood friend Tracy in a park. They exchanged greetings and talked for hours about their career and passions. Kyle found that Tracy was a Teacher and living her dreams. When she asked why Kyle was not married yet and doesn't have a girl friend, he replied "I am looking for a girl who loves me, but not look me as an object of pity". Kyle's brilliance and politeness attracted Tracy.

After few meetings Tracy proposed to Kyle and assured that she should be the one for him. Kyle loved her too but demanded reassurance from Tracy that they both get married only because of love.

They got married in a beautiful fall. Tracy was there with Kyle all the time. Kyle saw the world through Tracy's eyes. They went to various places where Kyle had never been before; Tracy made him feel the joys of nature which he never felt before. The couple poured love on each other.

2 years later. Tracy started to miss the world away from Kyle. She missed the school, the children, the teaching. She went back and counted everything she sacrificed to be with Kyle. She then realised that the moment she thought that she did sacrifice, the love has been stained.

She didn't know the answer for the change. She took extra attention in taking care Kyle to get back her lost love. She continued all her duties, and made sure she did everything same as before, so that Kyle won’t feel a change. The duties went perfect, but without love. Kyle didn’t seem to find the change in her, so she went on because she didn’t want to leave him alone to suffer in dark.

After a week when she was in home, Kyle called and asked her to visit him in the same park they met the first time. She was there in half an hour. From there, he gave the direction to a place which he wanted to visit and Tracy walked him to the place.

There was a newly constructed building and the painting work was going on. They walked into the building and Tracy found it was a well planned classroom. On one of the benches there was a gift box addressed to her. As Kyle asked, she opened the box. There were bunch of papers stated that the school building was registered on Tracy's name. Tracy had tears in her eyes, which Kyle couldn't see. There was another set of papers inside the box which read the divorce of Kyle Wilkinson and Tracy Williams, already signed by Kyle.

* End *

My brother's version:

Kyle Wilkinson, an illustrious attorney, was admired by his sub-ordinates because of his intelligence, in spite of his inability to see the world through his eyes.

He was once run into by his childhood friend Tracy in a park. They exchanged greetings and talked for hours about their career and passions.

After that first meeting they both spend several evenings in the park. Kyle saw the world’s beauty thru Tracy’s eyes. Her sweet voice felt like a gentle touch to his soul.

Kyle knew that she was the one for her. He made numerous plans on how to express his love for her. But every plan ended with a sad feeling which reminded him that he is blind and he might kill her happiness. Still he thought she deserved to know how he feels about her.

One day he took the greeting card which he made painstakingly for her. The greeting card has a heart shaped cushion bulging out of it; one can even feel without seeing it. He liked it that way. He gave the card to her and waited eagerly for her reply. She didn’t reply or speak anything after that. He cursed himself for his behaviour. He decided to drop this matter as such. He never asked her opinion and she never told. They still continued their meetings in the same place.

One evening as they were walking together in the park, Kyle insisted to go through the woods. But Tracy denied. After Kyle’s compulsion she agreed. When they were walking, Tracy seems to make frequent stops and they usually followed by ‘Ouch’. Kyle then had the mild feeling what was going on. His walking stick hit a rock. To check whether what he thought was true, he pulled Tracy in the direction of the rock. As he thought, she walked towards the rock. Just before she was about to hit the rock, he stopped her.

He knew the answer. The answer for why she didn’t reply to his card; the reason why she understood him so well; She was not gifted with eye sight either. He thought about the descriptions of nature through her imagination. It was beautiful. No matter whether those are true, he felt it should be beautiful.

Tracy who didn’t realise anything just pretended to be normal and continued speaking. He stopped her in the mid of woods. He didn’t have the doubts he had before. He was very sure now. He now proposed. Kyle felt her tears on his hands. He didn’t allow her to speak or explain anything.

They started their journey together and the walk continued.

* End *

Moral of the story:

Love is not seen or shown. It is not in the 4 course meal prepared or laundry cleaned by the wife. It is not in the Diamond necklace gifted or thousand "I Love You"s uttered by boyfriend. It is not in the costly clothes or world tour bought by parents for the kids. It is not in the bank balance saved by the kid for the parents.

It is what a foetus feels from the womb of an unseen Mother.
    It is what a vegetable person feels from the care giver.
    It is what a parent feels from a five minute long distance phone call from the child.

Not all the 6 senses should be necessarily active to feel its presence or its absence.

Happy Valentine's Day dear Friends!!

2. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

nice one ILT.iam with you on the foetus love and long distance phone call.100% true:thumbsup

3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi Tulips, nice one. keep writing. All the best

4. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

Very nice one on love

cheers
    suresh

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very good one dear. Apt for Valentines day. Thanks for sharing :)

6. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

I liked second story

7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi tulips,

good ones :)

Akila

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

9. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

That was a lovely portrayal of pure love.
    I liked the second version better simply because I am a strict no person for negative endings:).

Thank you buddy

10. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello ILT..

You had given us all an enticing treat of two touching stories at one go.:2thumbsup:

Could connect well with the first version as a teacher, who finds it hard to stay away from that 'Zone of childish excitement '!!

Looking forward to more of your blogging.
    Regards,
    Sarasvadivus