Happy Birthday, Chitra!

Discussion in 'Birthday' started by varalotti, Mar 18, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

March 19th is a very important day for us. What is October 2nd to India is March, 19th to Indus Ladies Forum. For on this day was born a woman, with an official ID of Chitvish, with the name of Chitra Viswanathan and with a title affectionately conferred on her by the ILites, Chitra Viswaroopam. (Thanks Purnima, you coined that term).

Chitra is omnipresent in this site. At one moment she is explaining a recipe with her digital photograph and at the very next, she is discussing Paulo Coelho's Zahir with effortless grace. Her travel from Microwave to Microsoft and in the reverse direction is smooth and seemless.

Very few know what kind of support she is giving to the members. This kind of support even paid, professional counsellors will not give or will not be able to give.
    You have a 30 year old career woman in San Jose, USA who has invited 50 persons for a party in her large house. Just a day before she mails to Chitra expressing her anguish at the forthcoming event. Stress signs are already visible in her - bated breaths, sweating palms, lack of attention...... In comes Chitra. Mails a detailed To do list, chooses the menu for the party, mails the recipes and as a bonus gives some tips as well.
    On the day after the party, the lady sends a mail back to Chitra, weeping all over it with tears of gratitude. The party was a big hit. She is praised sky-high by the guests. The difference between a total mess and a big hit is one woman - the one and only Chitvish.

I only know it is Chitra's birthday on 19th March. I don't know her age. But guessing from her responses to the ostritch joke, to her naughty responses while partaking in the definition of kiss thread, I guess she should be in her late twenties, or ...... early twenties... ha ha ha...
    Kidding apart, there is one reason that we should adore persons like Chitra and treasure their wisdom. For many of our nationalists have expressed fear that we are losing more than half of our culinary heritage in just one generation of fast food fanatics. People like Chitra arrest this trend and provide a link between the past and the future by standing firmly on the present.
    I know many cooks. I know many computer geeks. I know many Counsellors. But I have never known a cook who can capture her dishes in her digital camera, and gracefully transfer it to her computer and within minutes upload it on to the site for others to see and enjoy all the while counselling some one on the other side of the Globe.
    The standing joke in her family circles is that she cooks with "karandi" in one hand and with a digital camera on the other.
    Chitra, let me lead the pack of the most gracious ILites to wish you a very happy birthday. May the presiding deity of your birth place, Madurai, Meenakshi bless you and all the members of your family with all health, happiness, peace and prosperity this birthday and all days to follow.
    Chitra, wherever you are and whatever you do, just remember this - the good wishes of the 1000-plus ILites are always with you. May you ever be blessed.
    regards,
    sridhar

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Happy Birthday

Dear Mrs. Chitra,

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. I am indeed honored to have the good fortune of interacting with you, I look forward eagerly to the time that I can visit India and meet you in person.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday
    Vandhana

3. sahanaTx

sahanaTx New IL'ite

Dear Chithra

Wishing you the happiest birthday ever! I have known you only for a very hsort while and for the most part it has been more of a culinary interaction,but still,you come off as a very warm,genuine and affectionate person. Wishing you much joy and happiness today and always!
    Sahana

4. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Happy Bday!!!

Happy Birthday Dear Mrs.CV !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are really a great person with so much love , warmth & so much talent... Your family must be a very lucky one to have you.. :)

So where are you partying today? Enjoy ur day!!!!

:)

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Pirandhanal NalValzhthukkal:))

Thanks to Varlotti for the write up on your Birthday. If not for that, I would not have known that it is your Birthday today. I am more than sure that the ILites will adorn you with their beautiful words and thankyou's. I shall join them and also pray especially for you on this, your Birthday. Have a great day Chitra (ji)!!

As you give so much to us, I think the following lines describe your generous nature aptly:)
    <!--StartFragment -->
    <TD width=20><!--StartFragment --> Then said a rich man, "Speak to us of Giving."

And he answered:

You give but little when you give of your possessions.

It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ..........

Khalil Gibran.

<TD width=120>​
    <TD vAlign=top width=20> <TD vAlign=top>​

6. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Happy Bday!!

Dearest Chithraji:

Many many happy returns of the day!! Many many more to come!! You deserve a great day!!

Thanks for all your inputs, recipes ,..... etc ,etc,...

Regards
    Seetha

PS: Thanks Varalotti for reminding us !!

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

May you always be with us with your ever-ready recipes, witty responses and delightful sense of humour!
    I am posting a powerpoint show in your honour.....hope you will enjoy it as much as i enjoyed creating it ! From what Sridhar has written can we coin a new name for you...Microwave mami or Microsoft mami?

Hope you have a good day!
    with lots and lots of love

Attached Files:

8. kavya

kavya Bronze IL'ite

Many More Happy Returns Of The Day!

Dear Mrs. Chitvish,

Many More Happy Returns Of The Day! :-D

Wishing you a wonderful time with your family and friends on your day!

We also wish that you celebrate many more such Birthday(s) and we from IndusLadies Team want to wish you every year like this on your day!

So, whatz the special Sweet and Elegant Dessert that is made in your home on your day??? I'm sure it is your own recipe that is posted in IndusLadies - Ask Chitvish section ;-)

Varalotti,

It is very nice of you to post a snippet about Mrs. Chitvish and her talents owing to her special day. Thank you for letting us know about her Birthday through the post.

Sudhavnarasimhan,

It is very nice of you too to make a special slide show for Chitvish's Birthday. That was awesome!

Mrs. Chitvish, all the wishes you have received in response to Varalotti's snippet about you, shows the number of hearts you have touched through your mouth-watering recipes.

Once again, Have A Wonderful Day! :thumbsup

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Happy Birthday

Dear Mrs Chithra,

Happy Birthday and many Happy returns of the Day! May the years to come be full of joy for you and yours. We are celebrating the Tulip season now in Holland, so here is a Huge Bunch of Tulips from my heart to yours.

love & best regards
    Vidya

10. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Happpppy Birthday to you!!!

Dear Mrs Chitra,

Here's wishing you a very happy birthday!

For a suave woman of your stature, every single birthday brings promises of more and more awe-inspiring service to the society! Unlike most people who grow older by the day, you actually re-live your 'roaring twenties'!!(like Sridharji mentioned, a newbie to this site would actually guess you could be anything between 25 to 35!!!)

Sridharji, I simply loved the way you described Mrs Chitra, it not only made an magnificent chronicle about her, it also showed how caring and compassionate a person you are!

Love
    Shalini