1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness a state of mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 25, 2008.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

We seehow much a man has and therefore we envy him; did we see how little he enjoys we should rather pity him.

Enjoyment and happiness is experienced by each of one us in a different manner

When a woman gives birth to a child after seven to ten years of marriage, you should see the happness she gets which cant be explained in words. Her husband, her parents, his parents and others in the family are so happy. One of my friend she got grandson after 7 years . They all were so happy that he child’s father was all the time holding the child and each one suggesting different names for the child.

After searching for jobs so many times if a person gets a job for him it’s the greatest happiness in life.

When we see a friend after ages we feel so happy that don’t feel like leaving the friend and going anywhere.

When someone is depressed , a cheerful word, a smile , a friendly thought will make the person so happy.

Children when u give them gifts or chocolates , they feel so happy.

This world can be made happy place to live for everybody, if we give all the joy and happiness, if we take time to spread more love and cheer, if we take time to be more considerate , more thoughtful and sincere.

2. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

My Dear Aunty,

Very significant thoughts and an apt title.

A great philosophy for life yet told very precisely that some times it so happens to some of us that they don't get to enjoy the same pleasures which are considered the birth rights rather default happennings as to others. So, count our blessings.

A few minutes from our own for others, will definitely make this world more joyful and peaceful.

Thanks for making my day with your thoughts.

I'm running out of my nomination quota otherwise I must have nominated it for the FP first and then must have come here to give my FB.

Love,
    Your Niece.

3. iyerviji

My dear niece

You have made by day with your fb. This is the greatest happiness for me. I am glad that you would have nominated this for the finest post.. You should have seen my eyes glowing with what u have written. I am very overjoyed now . So I will write reply for this later. Let me enjoy my happiness.

with love and blessings.
    your aunty

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji
    True, absolute true - it is indeed the state of mind.Happiness and unhappiness are opposite sides of a judgement about your situation. If you judge your situation as bad for you, that's unhappiness. If you judge a situation as good for you, that's happiness.
    Our natural state of being ( atma) is to be happy.Happiness is not pleasure although they can appear similar. Pleasure is enjoyment of an outside stimuli. You might find pleasure in buying a new car, or in going on vacation, or having friends over for dinner, , or....the list is long on what you might enjoy experiencing. Pleasure requires an external stimuli for you to experience it. Happiness does not. Happiness is a belief about yourself and the outside world. You can be doing something you normally experience as pleasurable but not be happy! Pleasure is born from the external world, happiness is born from the internal workings of our own minds.
    Ops! iam getting philosophical, well said Viji. I like your conclusion as to spread happiness.
    May God bless you.
    Jaya

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear viji...
    wonderful piece... happiness a state of mind...
    happiness is always how we see... when we feel we are happy sure we can feel that happiness and make our surrounding happy... i could'nt explain more like you what i feel but a great piece from you dearie ...

6. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    One more wonderful thread from you. I agree with you. Happiness is key to success. But the reason we find it so hard to be happy is we always find the present worst than it is.
    Meenakshi

7. iyerviji

Dear Patma

Thank you for your valuable feedback. You have analysed the meaning of happiness in a nice way. I enjoyed your feedback very much. But many people here are not happy I think with this post as there is less feedback.
    Anyway I am not unhappy because of that. I will go on writing for my pleasure. What do u say.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

My dear Vahee

Thank you dear for your feedback. What you have mentioned in your reply is 100% true. I agree with u

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

Dear Meenakshi

Thanks for your feedback. I agree with what you have written. I am unhappy sometimes because I can write a post but dont know how to reply it.

love
    viji

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    I understand what you say,it is nice to receive overwhelming feed back, which inspires us to write more. However remember every one has different palate, so you can't expect everyone to feel the same. To me these are life lessons, i enjoy talking such topics.
    Please note the number of viewers in "religion and spirituality", very little compared to other posts, still Chithra ji writes painstakingly.
    Please go on writing , it is like a film director, every film he takes he hopes it will be a box office hit, but not all are hits. The audience changes.
    Iam sure i will feel the same as you feel, but go on if you enjoy writing.
    Jaya