Hanumanji Tail Puja Vidhi

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by malspie, Oct 21, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I hope this is of some use to my friends here.

The Vidhi written here has been followed by many people know to me and have gained stupendous success.

Attached picture is of the tail of Lord Hanumanji, I have tried my best to explain it in detail.

Shri Hanuman is a brahmachari (bachelor) and a great devotee of Lord Rama. Hanumanji is believed to be living with us and is blessed with powers of the Supreme Lords. He is intelligent, well versed with sanskrit language, brave, courageous and very spiritual. Devotees of Lord Rama, inevitably seeks the grace of Lord Hanuman. Chant “Sri Ramajayam” and seek the blessings of Lord Hanuman.
    There is a popular Hanuman Tail Puja which is performed for wish fulfillment. If this puja is performed with extreme devotion and purity, your wishes will be fulfilled after you complete the puja vidhi.

The tail puja vidhi is of 45 days. When women take up this puja she is bound to keep away from the vidhi for 4 to 5 days depending upon each body metabolism. Under such circumstances, a representative should continue with the puja vidhi. It is also advised to add the number of days missed to 45 days and continue with the puja (irrespective of someone performing the puja for you on ‘those’ days)
    A special picture of tail of Lord Hanumanji is available in the market. I am attaching the picture for your benefit. It has been used by most of my friends who have performed this puja.
    There is no hard and fast rule for the vidhi, some fast the whole day while some fast till they complete the puja vidhi.
    The most important points to be noted is to keep away from Lord Hanumanji during Mensturation, no copulation for the number of days of puja (either 45 or 48), clean conscience and devotion has to be kept in the back of your mind.

Purify yourself in the morning with a shower.

Now sit for prayers and the usual Hindu format light the lamp and now it is to invoke Lord Ganesha! Chant

Shuklaambara Dharam Vishnum Shashi Varnam Chatur Bhujam Prasanna Vadanam Dhyaayet Sarva Vighna Upashaanthaye

Vakratunda Mahakaaya Suryakoti Samaprabha Nirvighnam Kuru Mey Deva Sarva Kaaryeshu Sarvada

and then sit with the picture of Hanumanji’s tail. Make a small paste of Kumkum (Vermillon)+ Haldi (Turmeric Powder)+ Chandan (Sandalwood Powder) and apply on one circle each day. Once you finish the circle, proceed towards the tail. You should reach the tip of the tail on the last day of the Puja. You will notice that this picture has 36 spots and after that you reach the beginning of the tail. Now you have make small dots of the above paste and apply in such a way that you reach the tip either on the 45<SUP>th</SUP> day or 48<SUP>th</SUP> day.

You should offer fresh fruits to the Lord, a sweet and Milk as prasad.

You have to recite the shloka
    Asadhya sadhaka swamin asadhyam thava kim vada,
    Rama dhootha daya sindho math karya sadhaya prabho.
    Hey ,devotee of Rama,
    Who is the ocean of mercy,
    And clears the obstacles,
    Is there some thing impossible for you?
    So please clear the obstructed path.

On the 45<SUP>th</SUP> day or 48<SUP>th</SUP> day you should make Vada Mala (Garland of 45 or 48 vadas) depending upon the number of days you have performed the puja and offer it to Lord Hanumanji.
    No sleeping on mattress for 45 / 48 days.
    Thank you friends!

Attached is picture of Hanumanji's tail!

JAI SRI RAM

Attached Files:

reyansh, Angellic and RajashreeM like this.

2. thavamalar

thavamalar Senior IL'ite

Thanks Malspie for sharing this priceless informations with us.:)

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Thavamalar,

You are welcome dear!

4. geetabhaskar

geetabhaskar Senior IL'ite

Hi Malspie,

Thanks for telling about Hanuman Tail Puja. I have begun it today. Iam following the instructions given by you. Apart from the slokam you mentioned there, I am also reciting the Hanuman Chalisa. Lord Hanuman will certainly fulfill my wish. I will let you know when it happens.

With love,

Geeta Bhaskar

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  5. Asr4

Asr4 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks a lot for telling about this.
    how many times should we recite hanumanji's sloka?

6. AmritaPoorni

AmritaPoorni Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mals,

I will surely do this pooja once I feel that I can do it with all sudhdhi. I had one doubt. The picture you posted here has circles and dots. Is this a picture on which already the circles and dots are made or do we have to make circles above this?

Love,
    AmritaPoorni

7. Lakshuraghav

Lakshuraghav New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the info but can anyone pls post the foto of Jai Hanuman for the tail pooja.

My friend in US is planning to start the pooja as soon as she get the lord's picture.

Thanks and bye
    Lakshmi

8. lharihar

lharihar New IL'ite

hi,

i have a question.during the tail puja which we observe for 45 - 48 days. What kind of food can be consumed and how many times can we eat. Is there any rule which says only fruits can be eaten?

pls guide and i would like to start this puja fast.

thanx and rgds, laxmi

9. bhuvan16

bhuvan16 Senior IL'ite

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> Dear Madam,</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">I would like to do this pooja from this thursday, can you be more clear and advise.</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">1) The 36 dots are there and in that come are circled and some are left open. We should circle with pencil and do pooja or we must put the paste on each dots.</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">how is it please explain.</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">Regards,</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">Bhuvan</v:shapetype>

10. somadas

somadas New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks a lot for telling us about Hanumanji Tail Puja , honestly never heard of this before.
    I am planning to do this Puja , but i have few doubts which are mentioned below:

1) All the Do's and Dont's while don this puja.
    2) can we consume non veg or egg during this 45 days ?
    3) Once this puja is over what are we suppose to do with the picture of Hanuman Tail ? can we keep it with us the same way ?
    4) During this puja incase if we ned to shift the place due to any unexpected situation ..as in i am planning to travel in few days

Kindly please suggest.
    Would be eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards,
    Soma