1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handling Toxic Relatives

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Kiran6, Jan 30, 2017.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

First of All, Kiran, focus on the positives..
    1. Your MIL did not make you to do cooking and handled kitchen work herself..this is an advantage for u as a working women..
    so many women struggle to prepare meals, manage household chores and also office work and office commutes..whatever the intention of MIL was, it's an advantage for you..
    2. Your SILs did not want you to cook for them..and they wouldn't eat food that you cooked when visiting everyday...
    how many women are burdened with work because their SILs keep coming everyday and expect to be treated like queens, and make the DIL to cook special dishes and served on a platter..their intentions weren't good either, but what the hell..many SILs do not have good intentions as such and interfere in some way or the other..
    3. You are not living with PILs
    Instead of struggling with them, and begging your husband to look for separate residence as nuclear family etc and with fight created at home, you got an opportunity to shift elsewhere with your husband.
    4. You managed to purchase property along with husband..its financial security and good investment for future..
    5. And the best part is, that the property is very very far from your PILs and SILs home so interference is less...and your SIL herself has arranged for it..
    So rest assured that your husbands money will be spent on your new home and not diverted elsewhere..
    It's a fact that all DILs are treated as home breakers...every DIL at some point or the other and in different circumstances has been labelled as an outsider who has come to break the home and separate the son from his parents..
    Regarding family property and all, it's not something you have control over..so try to make solid investments with your husbands and concentrate on career and save for future..
    Put aside these drama queens and try to be very close to your husband so that he understands you better and will support you in difficult situations..
    So chill and enjoy life!!!!!

Madhumagie, yellowmango and Kiran6 like this.
  2. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

Nicely said and I will focus on the positives... And I will try to be very close to my husband which would actually help me..

I grew up with my brother and no sisters with me.,,, after looking at the responses that I get... I feel like how it would have been to have sisters,,,