1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handbag

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Dec 11, 2011.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    (Sorry for this delay; a bit busy at home due to the Holidays!)
    Who said you cannot write!
    See what a wonderfull analysis you have made out of my article! Put it your way I realize how important an appendage our handbag has become to us. It is not an accessory anymore to simply adorn.
    Thank you so much Kamla! It is a pleasure to read your feedback.
    It is an article by itself.
    You sure must write a snippet soon is my appeal.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Shambavi!
    Thank you for admitting me in your club! Haha! What a wonderful pal you are! It was funny reading your organizer within an organizer within an organizer!
    I am really curious now to go through your handbag.
    Enjoyed reading it. Given me few ideas too!
    Thank you so much for this lovely feedback!

3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha
    Thank you so much! You really made my day with such a lovely feedback!
    Looks like the backpack is the best for us from your feedback and a couple of others. But for me I am so poor at transferring stuff, especially my driver’s licence I decided to stick to one at a time. I only wish they can custom-make handbags, like the Dell Computer.
    If you are looking for any ideas to start a business, here is one :)!

1 person likes this.
  4. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Kamala,

How can you ever say that having a handbag is vanity! No, no, no!! A handbag is an integral part of a woman's existence. It is my third hand. Without my handbag, I feel that I am missing part of me. Even during my wedding, I was feeling like something was missing from me because I had to be "hands-free"! What would I ever do without my handbag?? Much like you and others here, my handbag is a treasure-trove. Its like a magic hat. There have been so many instances where stuff coming out of my handbag has come handy - tissues for sudden coffee spills, water bottle, medicines, pen, paper, clip, sacred ash, bindis, umbrella - you name it, I have it. :) :) :) Water bottles are a recent addition, my DH needs to drink a lot of water and he's always thirsty... God knows how much more I need to carry when I get into the next phase. But that's ok. Because I'm used to having my hand-bags-full.

Oh yes, I too have a very difficult time picking out a handbag that is both utilitarion and classy. I don't change bags that very often and I expect my handbag to last the changing trends. My recent one is from Roshan Bag Mall, Chennai (they do have good collections and good quality bags that give value for money, provided you are ready to pay a bit more) in charcoal grey and tan, with a sizeable no. of compartments and zippers. Needless to say, it is my indulgence, and yet, my life-saver, too. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Kottravai
    That was such a lovely feedback! Thank you very much!

As I told Kamla and a few others, I too believe that the handbag has ceased to be an accessory; instead it is more of an appendage.
    The "vanity" is my desire to look slim with a figure hugging handbag.

Hahahha! Feeling bereft on your wedding day is it? Now my imagination is running wild....what would have happened if you asked someone to get you handbag while sitting in the "manavarai"???:)

Welcome to the club of handbag "treasure trovers". Very interesting to see all the things you carry. With a young child yes you carry more for the kid than for yourself.

Thank for the information on the handbag store. On my next visit I am sure the numerous handbag stores are going to be my stomping ground.

Thank you soul sister!:cheers

6. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

a hole in the bag is always my fav. as you can later on time pass on finding some missing treasures :p. In India at least we have the cushion of stitching and remaking the old hand bags... :)

good post, enjoyed it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear KKrish
    Absolutely fantastic write up on the basics! My handbag is something very dear to me, it has to have "n..." number of compartments and it has to always come with a matching wallet. If somebody dare touches it, them I act utterly possessed. I evolve that very minute into a demon with horns.

I like them BIG and roomy, for I believe in just dumping "things" from dawn to dusk, Jan to Dec. And to what fits the description of "things".... a pocket knife ,cosmetics ,perfumes, recipes tablets, fast food menus, Keys (some of which I do not know where it fits), money, cards (invitation cards to credit cards, all receive the same treatment) etc. etc. Pocket knife comes in handy to threaten both my boss and DH, yeah I do believe in getting things done at knife point.
    I like to keep it single colored and simple from the outside, with no metals, strings and ribbons. Phew…the ZIP is always the cause of my marital discomfort, where my DH insists that I keep it closed for fear of dropping stuff while I believe in leaving it open to breath in fresh air….And I never throw any of these bags, older they get the more I like them, I pile them all up, in competition with Ms. Jayalalitha’s awesome collection of shoes. Let us see who wins eventually.
    P>S: However overstuffed my bag may seem to be, I seem to always find things in a jiffy by blindly groping.
    Thanks for starting the new yr with a great thread!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Tuffy

a hole in the bag is always my fav. as you can later on time pass on finding some missing treasures :p.

Yeah, how true... I actually like taking everything out of my bag nd going beneath the lining to find items I didn't know I had:). Very theraupeutic exercise!

In India at least we have the cushion of stitching and remaking the old hand bags... :)

True. But it deprives us the excuse to go crazy and spend on a brand new one, isn't it?

good post, enjoyed it

Thank you. I enjoyed your feedback too!

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mega
    Thank you so much!

Hahaha! Come join the club! True my handbag is not just our appendage it is our best friend true and I guard this friend jealously

Wow ..my mind is spinning at all the items you have in your bag. No wonder you need it big and roomy. Knife point! Good good.. I don't carry a penknife since i have to keep remembering to put it away everytime I fly, but I wish I could. As you say so many things can be done at knife point :)
    Good one... I have heard of many reasons for marital discomfort mbut a hand bag zip.. this is sure for the guiness book of records!

I highly commend you on this achievement! I am always fumbling and when my husband asks for something I am all thumbs! This is my marital discomfort!

Thanks again for a wonderful feedback! Had a hearty laugh to start of the New Year!

10. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    Superb one again K.. Enjoyed your post and the FBs too.. coming late to a snippet gives the advantage of enjoying FBs also..
    Everytime I buy a handbag... I hope to fulfill my needs but end up carrying the backpack.. I think they deceive me by their looks or something!! Till today I haven't been successful in choosing a handbag which is comfy to carry, big enough to stuff my things (my son's too), becomes light weight when I carry it and finally safe enough that nothing falls of it (which happens pretty easily with my handbags )
    Enjoyed it very much :)

1 person likes this.