1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handbag

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Enjoyed reading the post :)I have many handbags at home and still sometimes think no handbag is perfect for this occassion :) i sometimes drop my hand and search car keys for long time and my dh becomes urrr....now a days i take keys in my hand before reaching parking area itself :)

1 person likes this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala,

That was a fantastic post. Most of the times it holds as much stuff as a suitcase will hold.

Though I am not working now, depending on where we are going, I should be ready with the apt handbag to hold a water bottle sometimes hubby's cheque book holder, his fat purse (with 'n' number of coins it wouldn't close, will feel heavy to have it his pocket), his dark glasses, his cell phone, his etc. etc., sometimes kids stuff along with my set of house keys and my small purse. I opted to have a visiting card holder to keep my credit cards. My handbag holds more items of kids and hubby's than mine.

Sometimes it should be small enough to hold just to have enough money, cell phone and keys to be hung on the mirror of my activa. Few times I have forgotten to take it off after taking off all my veg and provision stuffs from front and seat boxes and had had heavy roles in my stomach, when I need my cell phone.

Got really frustrated being their porter and my forgetfulness now I opted for a small handbag just to hold my things, keys and cell phone, its strap lengthy enough to put across my shoulder, and it makes me drive two wheeler easily without forgetting to take it off from mirror.

Sorry for the long feedback, but not resist to tell you this story, which I read long back

Once a ladies' handbag was found unattended by the cops. The contents of the bag was thoroughly checked for any dangerous things, found none. Then with the phone number in an identity found in the handbag, they called her to claim her handbag. When she came the cops told that it is their duty to check all the stuff in the bag, made a list of items and put everything in a cardboard box. As she was putting back everything inside the bag few of the policemen stood around there to look at it. Then head of the cop told her "sorry if we are embarrassing you. We took out things out but could not put it back. So we are all curious how you manage have so many items in your handbag."

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  3. sweetanju4uu

sweetanju4uu Bronze IL'ite

Nice post and I hear ya Sister!! I got all your necessities minus the kid stuff for now.. So I got 4 of them bags.. the first a biggggg bag from Guess, which can hold my shades to make up to a shawl for the cold to a library book.. :) this would be perfectt for travel... the second is also by Guess, a white chic one, which will be used for strictly-fridays when wearing casuals.. this is a little smaller one which can hold a purse,comb,compact,lip stick,some change etc.. the third bag is my regular office wear from Style and Co, which can hold the same items like the second Guess bag..just that the color is steel grey.. (Same as urs!!).. and the last one is a hand held purse from Guess, which matches the look of my biggg bag.. this can ONLY have some change,cash and cards..just for restaurant going purposes only.. So finally am satisfied for now!! :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Ah ha ha Kamala ! :rotfl

Who would have thought, a snippet about 'handbag'! When everyone asks me to write, I could have written about this.:rant But then, I don't possess Kamala's brain! How natural and how fit it is for a woman to write about her handbag. :thumbsupYet, this is the first time I am reading a snippet about it! You go gal!!

A woman's handbag-- an extension of her personality, an extension of her character, an extension of her abode, an extension of herself! Oh yes! :exactly:

You have put it all together, our affection and love for our handbag, our idiosyncrasies where our handbags are concerned, our fussiness when choosing it, the difficulty in selecting one,the pride we take in our bag, its look, color and its brand name...I can go on and on! Suddenly, its all too clear to me. My, I do love my handbag, my many handbags (!!) and yes, I too have spent a considerable time (and money) selecting each and everyone of them and will hoard them for ages before I give away or discard an unwanted or a damaged handbag!:!:

Vanity...thy name is woman (in love with her..err...handbag!). Right Kamala??:)

Kamala, I enjoyed reading every single line of this snippet! Just like my good ol'handbag, your snippets too give me unending joy!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  5. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi there

welcome to the club of 'handy baggers'!

My handy bag (btw,a designer one but used like a hold-all) is christened 'treasure trove' by my teenage daughter and a 'black hole' by my elder one-need I explain why? Other than the several zipped compartments that the design offers, I have made some on my own-in the form of several ziploc sachets of varying sizes-for holding all paraphernalia sorted by category-medicines;toiletries like lipstick, lip balm, kajal pencil,moisturizer;stationery like pen,stapler,clips; inch tape-you never know when u'llcome across a nice top that you can't try out but can't let go either;a cloth bag for a visit to the green grocer; a plastic bag that might come in handy for any unforeseen( actually that you expect such a thing can't be called 'unforeseen', right?) need; a favourite paperback just in case I have to stand in a long queue and wish to keep casual talk at bay... the list goes on...

Men may come and men may go, but my handbag goes wherever I go, as long as I go on...

2 people like this.
  6. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Oh my my!!! Who would have dared to write such an excellent snippet on 'Handbag', other than you Kamala.:bowdown
    My brain has gone all through the visualisations step by step as my eyes are rolling over the words and what to say:clap
    I generally have a handbag for regular use and a leather backpack of medium size during journeys, esp. with kids. I too generally find it very difficult to find one of my need and taste but for the first time I found one of my taste and design with lot no. of zippers to hold all my things safely in seperate compartments, 2years back in India. Now that both of them are worn out I was in search for a handbag and could not find one but got a nice and compact leather backpack and so decided to go with that until I find a handbag of my taste and need.:spin
    Enjoyed a lot reading your snippet Kamala.

Regards,
    Latha.

1 person likes this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you very much Puppalla! Glad you enjoyed the narration.

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hello Gayathri
    Thank you very much. Hahaha! I have done that searching too and made my husband mad! You know we have this powerful weapon to turn our husbands mad without saying a word!
    Thanks for the very “special” feedback.

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju

That was a fantastic post. Most of the times it holds as much stuff as a suitcase will hold.

Thank you so much Manju!

..... My handbag holds more items of kids and hubby's than mine.

:rotflHow true! It used to be the case with mine too! Now I somehow gradauted to carrying more of my stuff ...

Sometimes it should be small enough to hold just to have enough money, cell phone and keys to be hung on the mirror of my activa. Few times I have forgotten to take it off...... roles in my stomach, when I need my cell phone.

Oh my! Now this is scary! no wonder you had rumbles in your tummy! But glad to know that you are as forgetful as I am!...

Sorry for the long feedback, but not resist to tell you this story, which I read long back
    Thank you for such a lovely feedback. Enjoyed reading it! No worries on its length!
    ....Then head of the cop told her "sorry if we are embarrassing you. We took out things out but could not put it back. So we are all curious how you manage have so many items in your handbag."

:rotfl:rotfl This story is so hilarious! But very true! I remember this every time I stuff my handbag with odds and ends!

Lovely!:thumbsup

10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

That was a sweet feedback sweetanju!
    Guess what! I am guessing that “Guess” is your favorite brand. You shop a lot at Macy’s huh? Macy’s carries a wide variety of Guess handbags. :thumbsup

Enjoyed reading about all your handbags. Do you transfer stuff from one bag to another? If you do you must be very organized. I am very poor when transferring stuff so decided to keep to one bag at a time:)