1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handbag

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Dec 11, 2011.

1. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Oh! Such a wonderful write up.. I am so tempted to print this article off to my fiancé coz he never understand why I spend so much time looking for my hand bags.. They have to satisfy more criterions than anything else.. They absorb so much of my waking and sleeping time..
    Aaaw how I wish that perfect handbag never got worn out :)

I second each word you've written.. Excellent write up!

1 person likes this.
  2. DivyVisy

DivyVisy Junior IL'ite

Hi Kamala,
    This is true in my case: Even i am about to buy a new handbag... Without a handbag even i cannot go out... Even my handbag size has been increased... My worry is to carry lunch box inthe handbag to office... So i plan to buy a little bigger size bag...

1 person likes this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri sir
    :biglaugh:biglaugh:rotfl:rotflThat was simply marvelous! I am giggling away reading this monologue!!

Thank you so much sir! I am so touched. And honored that you should feel that way. Now from giggling I am sitting with a lump in my throat.

Bravo! I congratulate you on your bravery sir, stepping into the realms of the woman's world! i like Oscar Wilde's quote...will remember it when i am met with delicious food, and jewelry too. Oscar Wilde is now my new best friend. :)

:rotfl:rotfl:biglaugh:biglaughHahaha! That was so funny. I did not see this episode. I always love Mr. Bean for his seemingly serious goof-ups!
    Yes whenever I periodicaly purge my bag i spill the contents on the table and sometimes too feel I can run an entire household with the contents I find in there..a small packet of crackers, some ketchup tubes, small sugar and salt packets we pick up from trips for our french fries and coffee, i also take some dried fruit, and plastic forks and spoons, and napkins...
    You really hit the nail on the head with this one sir..

N+1? Good theory and another nail on the head...You should accompany my husband and me on some of the trips when whatever he asks I rummage so much in each compartment my hubby slowly turns to Durvasa's clone. If you had suffered from lack of ideas to write, my hubby and I will provide much fodder just with my handbag Sir. Guarantee!!

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Enjoyed it much!

4. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

cute write up ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala

We sail in the same BIG CRUISE not on boat I guess...... I too have lots of peculiar options while making a hang bag purchase. I also need many inner compartments as one big compartment make me go mad in finding things especially so when I reach a billing counter. I also hold lot of bills {tailor, super market for any exchange, payment made thru credit cards, some addresses in my wallet which also has to fit in}. I too carry some toffees, Polo or Extra, house keys, car keys, office keys, bindi, hands free kit for mobile while driving, office id, country id, driver licence, credit card, club cards, insurance card, medicines, USBs, comb, a small makeup pouch, one extra set of ear ring, pen, a note pad besides mobile phones.

I have bags of 4~5 shades, small, medium and big. I carry as per requirement. I am never satisfied with my bag, as I have seen there hardly a bag is manufactured with all these specifications. I recently bought a HERMES red bag which was close to my requirement.

Kamala, even my 2 bags have worn out internally and the noise of my keys and coins are heard but not found....

I loved the way you expressed your love and hatred on your bag hunting......... happy hunting and happy handbagging.....

Kamala, you must visit Hong Kong........ which is a haven for handbags. I bought an LV and 2 other common ones from there when I visited.

Best Rgds
    Shanti

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Kamala,

Hilarious... and you are right too, handbags seem to grow along with us.. Earlier it used to be a fashion accessory, and then it graduated to being a must have accessory. My husband says that I have an unhealthy attachement to my bags!! I buy one because I liked it, and then either dont use it because it's too pretty or because I cant bear to be away from my old one ;) The end result, bags of different sizes and colours!!

Oh, and one more thing to add to your list - Strong lining..I have been caught short many times with my office key fob finding itself between the 'leather' and the lining..same with the loose change I always know that is there, but seemingly unavailable when I need it :p

Mythili

1 person likes this.
  7. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hahaaha... I so agree with your post...and loved the metamorphosis of the handbag in our lives...

we women just have to have THE perfect handbag... dont we ? It must not only look fashionable but also hold almost all our earthly belongings... everything inside the handbag is a MUST HAVE...even the broken toy that our child had outgrown some 5 years ago....which we dont have the heart to throw it yet. I so envy the male species ability to carry their important belongings in a small wallet...but then, they have US to carry the neccessities .. they depend on us AND our handbags when they need a stapler, tissue, medicines and generally everything...

One never knows what hidden treasures they carry... there is always something to surprise us...contained in its hidden depths, between the linings, in one of its umpteen pockets...

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

what a lovely write up! How I wish we could drop some "pounds" just like your bag did with some "cents"! How hard it is indeed for us to let go off of our old hand bag, buy a new one rework all the feelings to let go again? Not fair is in't it?

I love my hand bags too and am very specific, yes just like your Goldilocks just for the right size though! For me, the hand bag should carry just my purse and a small camera and I should be able to put my car keys, I am light here too just the house key and car key :) everything else has to be in the car in a back pack! So my specifics are a little different - things like black one/cloth one/adjustbale strap (a must a must) and no never never without a zipper! We all have our quirks.

oh well, enough about me and what I like! But what I like (here I go again) about your post is your sense of humor and oh boy! all those things hiding in your bag!! That was hilarious Kamala and you know what I thought - thank God they don't make us empty our hand purses in the security check...boy I cannot imagine things that can come out or how long it will take it all for it to come out!

Congartulations on your much needed new hand bag! I am happy you found the right bag hang on to it, yes yes on your shoulders :)

1 person likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Sudha. Thanks a ton!
    Aha! See it really pays to read my snippets.
    Would you have found out the importance and implications of handbag shopping if not for this? :)(just kidding)

Oh great to be remembered whenever you see a handbag; just make sure you keep one that you can see often
    Ladies with huge handbags, yes true! Sometimes the lady and the handbag also are the same size.

10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My Dear Tulip Lover
    That was lovely! You are right there is so much that goes into handbag buying.
    As for opening a zillion zips, I do that all the time irrespective of the number of compartments my bag has, and in the process I earn the displeasure of my hubby. He scares me so much that I fumble even more and this vicious cycle continues.
    My friend also uses a backpack and I am sure it is convenient. But I resisted the temptation to buy one because I can’t take it when I wear a sari or go to parties. I own only one bag at a time because I found the hard way that shifting stuff from one to another is a no-no

Wow nice idea…to use my heavy bag as dumbbell! I also look on the space beneath the linings as a ready-made coin-ATM
    Thanks much for the enjoyable feedback

1 person likes this.