1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hairfall with oiling

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Misha33, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Misha33

Misha33 New IL'ite

Hi
    I have recently started using mahabringraj oil before I shampoo my hair. when I use the oil and comb my hair afterwards I don't lose a lot of hair , it is when I shampoo out the oil I lose a lot of hairs like around 40 to 50 and then every time I brush I lose around 20 hairs. So my question is whether it is the oil or the shampoo that is making my hair to fall out. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestion or help would be appreciated
    thanks

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi @Misha33

First check if your hair fall is due to breakage (if you have split ends) or from the roots. If you have splits ends, trim your hair and use a leave on conditioner after shampooing.

If you have weak roots, don't massage the oil well, just dab it on your scalp using your fingertips or a cotton ball. Be gentle and don't wear your hair in a tight knot or band. And check your diet too, eat more fruits, green veggies and sprouts.

3. Misha33

Misha33 New IL'ite

Hi
    thanks for the reply, my hair actually falls from the root. I have been using ancient formulae neem shampoo for quite sometime now and my hair was fine with it up until a couple of months ago when I started losing more hair in the shower and while brushing using the same shampoo. That is when I started oiling my hair but I think you r right I should just gently dab the oil on the scalp instead of massaging it in. Do you have any suggestions for a good herbal natural shampoo?

4. Misha33

Misha33 New IL'ite

Feeling depressed, washed my hair with acure Moroccan and argan oil shampoo yesterday and today while brushing I lost so much hair. My hair is already very thin and if I lose hair like this I'm scared I will have thinning patches on my head. I even did a yogurt and curry leaves mask before shampoo yesterday.:-(

5. Ishika009

Ishika009 Senior IL'ite

Really bad to hear that! I have also had a similar kind of experience. I used almond oil and my hair started falling. The oil that suits my hair is coconut oil. After that I did not try anything new. Use the oil that suits your hair and scalp and stick with it. Coconut oil is great and it suits all the hair types.

1 person likes this.
  6. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry about this @Misha33, I think hair growth and hair fall follows a cycle, maybe you are in hair fall phase. Anyway it takes time for hair to settle in to any new oil or shampoo so give some time. If you are really concerned get professional help.

7. Misha33

Misha33 New IL'ite

Today I did a egg olive oil and honey mask, and while brushing I lost 50 strands of hair( yes I counted my loose strands). Seems nothing is working for me,I am close to losing hope, and this argan shampoo is not doing me any good. I think this shampoo is making me lose more and more hair.