1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Haircut: Fringes

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rohanbs, Jun 14, 2017.

1. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

This post is for haircut details. This is on behalf of my mom. I am doing job and single. Currently my mom is with me. She has traveled from our native to Pune few weeks back. She has seen some hairstyle in Tv serials. When she went out for shopping and all she saw that hairstyle. She found it good. From the information she got the name of the hairstyle is fringe/bangs. She wants to try it but whenever she wants is it possible to hide those fringe/ bang? For some reason she doesn't want to show it to few people, mostly when she goes back to native place. Can she go ahead with fringe/bang hairstyle?

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

If the length of the fringe / bangs are longer, she can put it back with hair pins or push to any sides.

3. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

By this way bangs will be hidden and nobody can make out that she has fringe/bangs. Is that correct? She has waist length hair. So is it possible to hide bangs/fringe without pins like by making bun or braid?

4. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Your mom can try this images (39).jpg

Naari likes this.
  5. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

Thanks a lot. She will definitely try this. This is great product. Is it available in shops or online purchase? Thanks a lot.
    One more question. Is there difference between bangs and fringe? She saw women allowing hair to fall free on cheeks. Can it be achieved with this?

6. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Bangs, correctly known as a fringe, is a shaped cutting of the front part of the hair so that it lies over the forehead.

So your waist length or shoulder length of the hair doesn't matter. You can have fringe with a boy cut too. Because this is in the front and back doesn't matter.

I usually have long fringe which can be moved to any sides. If I put a tight-high pony / bun, it stays sometimes. This is like on top of the head- kinda like saamiyar. If I put a normal pony, hair will fall to the side.

Maybe if she applies hair mousse or oil it may stay back. You can also measure the fringe to reach a bun / braid and then cut. Tell the salon guy of the exact requirement.

rohanbs and Naari like this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Aww this post is so adorable ! Such a good son ! If your mom wants hair around the cheeks, try getting her haircut in long layers , it's easy to tie hair back and no one would know .

rohanbs likes this.
  8. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

They're the same. The word "fringe" is mostly used in UK, NZ, Australia while "bangs" is the common term in North America.

rohanbs likes this.
  9. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

Thanks to all for wonderful responses. C ommunicated all the responses to my Mom. She has become confident now and surely try these cuts soon.
    Thanks for kind words mam. Mom has given us a lot all these years. She was always simple. Fortunately she opened up and started shared such few things. I realized that she wants to change. Though she has crossed 50, dont think its too late. but she wont do anything openly as our native place is small town. So I am trying to help her. She is shy and accustomed to all old tradition. So need to use such tricks by which she can show and hide such changes whenever she wants.

Naari, blessings1010 and Sandycandy like this.
  10. rohanbs

rohanbs Junior IL'ite

Great suggestion. Will definitely ask mom to take help from parlor people and clear them what she wants.