1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair styles/Hair Cuts for long,short,curly,frizzy hair..requests and suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Rajjo, Aug 25, 2007.

1. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Re: layered hair cut

Hi Priya,
    Please talk to a local hair stylist they could be able to help you and suggest you a hair style suited for your hair. Sorry I couldnt be very helpful.
    -priya

<table id="HB_Mail_Container" unselectable="on" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr unselectable="on" width="100%" height="100%"><td id="HB_Focus_Element" unselectable="off" background="" height="250" valign="top" width="100%">
    </td></tr><tr unselectable="on" hb_tag="1"><td style="font-size: 1pt;" unselectable="on" height="1">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]

2. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

hey i just got my layered cut 2 days ago..it looks awesome now....usually i apply henna to my hair after oil massage..every alternate week so my hair grows back very quickly.....try it if possible....good luck.. :cool2:

3. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Hello hopeforgood,
    Can u pls tell me how u apply henna to ur hair? i mean what ingredients should we add ?

Thanks,
    Vidisha

4. ramuva

ramuva New IL'ite

Hi all.

I have long(below sholuder) thin hair.The hair stylist suggest for layered cut .but i didnt feel any differnece in my look after the layered cut,i just want to try differnt hair cuttings that would sute me.how can i find the hair style that can sute me,where to approch and whom to talk with.Can anybody suggest me.

5. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidisha,

For henna treatment at home. Mix together henna, lemon juice, curd, soaked tea bag water, coffee decotionand egg. Mix well , leave overnight, and apply next morning, leave it for an hour on the head, wash off. Really does wonders to the hair!

6. Serenity_John

Serenity_John Bronze IL'ite

Tips to choose hairstyle by ur face shape

[SIZE=-1]Beautiful hair is the crowning glory of an attractive woman. So hair care is an extremely important aspect of beauty. But you should make sure that you have a style that suits your face and your hair type. Of course, it should be in fashion too. Although, sometimes the simplest of styles are the best.[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Based on Type of Hair[/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1]Let us see which styles go well with your type of hair. [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Thin and fine: If your hair is thin and fine, keep it short and fluffy[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Medium or coarse: This hair can handle most styles[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Heavy or thick: If your hair is heavy or thick, keep it at a medium length or it will not hang well.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]What kind of hairstyle makes you look glamorous? Well, would you believe it that it actually depends on the shape of your face. Faces are of different shapes. You must figure out the shape of your face so that you can decide which are the best hairstyles that will make you look like a model. [/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]What is the shape of your face?[/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1]In order to determine the shape of your face, you will need to measure it. Measure your face from top to bottom and from side to side. If your face is oval shaped, then the length will equal to one and a half times the width. When the length of your face equals the width, then you have a round face. Triangular shaped faces have wide chins and narrow foreheads. Lastly, square shaped faces have a jawline, cheekbone and forehead almost equal in width. [/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Heart-shaped face[/FONT] [​IMG]
    [SIZE=-1]In order to express your features, you must try to diminish the width of your forehead and make your jaw wider. If you want bangs, wear them full and curly. Wear your hair fuller at the top than near your jawline. Your hair should be either short or of medium length and point your hair towards your face, since this will help to widen your chin. If you love short cut bobs up to your chin, then you should definitely get one, since your heart-shaped face will make you look like you just walked out of a magazine. [/SIZE]

Try

Chin-length or longer styles. Side-parted hairstyles. Swept-forward layers around the upper face, gently wispy bangs. A chin length bob is great on your face shape! This creates a balanced look by giving fullness where you need it. You can wear shorter styles, however, if you are a dramatic heart shape you need to leave weight in the back nape area. This will achieve more balance between your dramatic cheekbones and more narrowing chin.
    Avoid

Short, full styles that emphasize upper face. Height at the crown. Severe, slicked back looks. If you are a dramatic heart shape, the short full styles with tapered necklines which emphasize the upper face will make you look top heavy. Too much height at the crown will give the appearance of a longer and narrower chin. Just remember if you have a dramatic heart shape face, you have great cheekbones to emphasize! Don't miss the boat by getting a cut which is to top heavy.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Oval faces[/FONT] [​IMG]
    [SIZE=-1]Since, you are blessed with an oval face, mostly any hairstyle will look good on you. You can wear your hair short, medium or long. A wonderful hairstyle would be one in which you do a side or a center parting and let your hair rest on your shoulders. In addition, you may also wear your hair slicked back or pulled back. However, it is advisable to have your hair away from your face and not to have too full bangs. Your face shape is adaptable to almost any hairstyle and that is why you should experiment and see which one you like the best.
    [/SIZE]
    Try

A variety of styles . . . most any hair shape looks good on you. Your "perfect" features allow you to wear more styles than any other face shape. Have you ever noticed the majority of models fall into this shape? Have you noticed how many different hair styles they can wear?
    You can wear short, medium and long hair styles. Your face shape is well "balanced" or in even proportion. You will look best when styling your hair off your face. Most oval face shapes can wear slicked-backed looks as well.
    Avoid

Covering up your "perfect" features with heavy bangs, or too forward-directed styles.
    In wearing your hair style on your face, you'll lose your face shape behind the hair. It may appear to add weight to your face.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Round faces[/FONT] [​IMG]
    [SIZE=-1]If you have found out that you have a round face, remember either to have short hair or chin length hair. You should consider layering your hair right from the top and keep your hair close to your face. Do not cut your hair very, very short and have a haircut that is rounded and ends at your chin. This will exaggerate your face shape even more. Straight bangs are not recommended, but if you love bangs, you should curl them and wear them to the side. These types of hairstyles will make your face look longer, which is what you want to strive for. Do not keep a lot of hair near the sides of your face and near your ears. However, wispy curls curled towards your face is recommendable. The point of all these hairstyles is to make your face look longer and less rounder and to accentuate your beautiful features.[/SIZE]

Try

hair styles with fullness and height at the crown. Off center parts. Short hair styles with a swept-back direction or hair styles that are longer than chin length. By layering the top to achieve fullness and keeping the rest of the cut relatively close to the face, your face shape will appear longer and narrower.
    Avoid

Chin length hair with a rounded line that mirrors face’s circular shape. Center parts. Short-short crops, straight "chopped" bangs. Fullness at side of ears. A rounded haircut ending at the chin will certainly add weight to your face shape. Because the widest part of your face is at the cheeks and ears, you need to avoid having the fullness of the cut here as it will make your face appear wider.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Square Face[/FONT] [​IMG]
    [SIZE=-1]A square face has a very sharp angled jawline and has square shaped eyebrows. In order to lessen these features, you should strive for hairstyles that emphasize the cheekbones. Hairstyles worn in curls and waves will give shape to your square face. The length of hair that is perfect for you is about 1-1/2� below the chin or to have shoulder length hair. Your hair at these lengths will help to alleviate the squareness of your jaw line. It is advisable not to let your hair hang and better to wear a side part than a center part. Any freeflowing hairstyle for this shape will look wonderful.[/SIZE]

Try

Short-to-medium length hair, especially with wave or roundness around the face. Wispy bangs. Off-center parts, height at the crown. You want to soften the square look of your face with layers and wispy looks around the face. Height at the crown will elongate your symmetrical shape. If your hair is straight you may want to consider a body wave, as some curl or wave to the hair will achieve a nice balance to the straight features of your face shape.
    Avoid

Long straight styles that accentuate square jawbone. "Linear" straight bangs or center parts. A straight bob ending at the jaw line is the wrong thing to do for your face shape. You can wear a layered bob, however it should end above or below the jaw line. Make sure in styling that you achieve some roundness to the shape and some height at the crown or bangs, and you will be on the right track.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Triangular shaped face[/FONT] [​IMG]
    [SIZE=-1]Since you have a triangular shaped face, you want to narrow the chin and widen the forehead. Keep your hair away from your face and ear to widen your forehead. In addition, you should angle your hair towards the chin. You should keep your hair length at least up to your chin and cut your hair in lots of layers. Also if you let your hair loose tuck it behind your ears so that it will help to highlight your eyes and increase the width around this area. In addition, instead of parting your hair in the center, try parting it off-center and see the model look you have always loved!

[/SIZE]
    Try

Shorter hair that balances prominent jaw line. Styles that are full at the temples, taper at the jaw. Off center parts. Wedges and shags look great on you. You need lots of layers to achieve fullness through the upper part of your face. By wearing styles which are full at the temples and taper at the jaw line, you achieve a balance which can be remarkable, in accenting features otherwise understated. Try tucking hair behind your ears as this will draw attention to your eyes and add width in this area.
    Avoid

Long, full hair styles that draw attention to jaw line. Center parts—off-center is more flattering.
    Too much height at the crown. You want to stay away from putting most of the weight of a hairstyle at the jaw line and below. This will give the appearance of added weight to the face. [/color]
    If going with long hair, it should be kept tight at the nape.

Diamond[​IMG]
    A cross between heart and a dramatic oval. Widest at the cheekbones, and narrow equally at the forehead and jaw line.

Try

Your face shape is balanced and dramatic. Try a variety of styles. Almost everything works with your face (as long as you are a true diamond). You can wear shorter styles, however if you are a dramatic diamond shape you need to leave weight in the back nape area like a heart shaped face. This will achieve more balance between your dramatic cheekbones and more delicate chin line.
    Avoid

You can do just about everything, but try not too wear to much hair on your face, thereby hiding your great features.

Rectangular or oblong [​IMG]

Long and slender, about the same width at forehead and just below cheekbones. May have a very narrow chin or a very high forehead.

Try

Short to medium lengths. Fullness at the sides of your face. Soft wispy bangs. You'll want to balance the look of a long and slender face. Soft wispy bangs will shorten the appearance of the length. Fullness at the sides of your face will add width to the look of your face shape.
    By cutting the hair into a short or medium length, the outline of the cut will also shorten the look of the length of the face. Layers work great with your face shape, as they will add softness to the straight lines in your face. Try side parts, and you may be able to wear straight back styles.
    Avoid

To much hair length . . . your face will look even longer! Too much height lengthens your face. Center parts. When your hair gets past your shoulders there is a good chance it is doing you more harm than good. The models with rectangular face shapes and long hair, get by with it only because they have a "on call" hairdresser who is busy primping and teasing, setting and styling to add fullness to the hair. Since most of us don’t have this luxury, my suggestion is keep it above shoulder length.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Re: Tips to choose hairstyle by ur face shape

Dear Serenity,

Great tips, I 'm sure many IL would benefit from this.

Love,
    Devika

8. Inimai

Inimai Senior IL'ite

very informative! If you could give the different type of hair styles/haircuts (like you have said bangs, layers) with pictures that would be more helpful as I don't know how bangs (big curls?) or layers look!

Thanks!

9. Serenity_John

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

I will try to find pics and info for the info you asked Inimai. :D

Sere

10. Serenity_John

Hi guys,

Please check out new thread "types of bangs/fringes for your face shape" to see the different types of bangs you can choose.

Different types of haircuts info will be added soon. :D

Sere