1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Loss After Coming To Usa

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Acctgirl83, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Acctgirl83

Acctgirl83 New IL'ite

(posting this here as people who don’t visit the beauty forum could also share their thoughts)

Has anyone noticed changes to their hair AFTER moving to USA. I’m very concerned about my hair as it has been getting thinner and thinner since I came to the USA. My cousins in India have gorgeous hair and so did I when I was in India.

Anyone have any solutions or you’ve just learned to live with it? Please let me know.

gknew likes this.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Actually my hair reaction was opposite. My hair growth improved after coming to USA. But I maintained some of the routines which I would like to share. Before going to bed I used to reverse comb my hair putting it upside down. and then tie as usual. I used sunsilk pink shampoo. I used to oil my hair without fail. I don't keep it dry and i always tied, unless it is really necessary like for going to parties . I practiced putting bun using fancy sticks which would be available in any shop there, when I used to be at home. And that's it.

3. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for this thread. I have posted already a thread on this topic.
    I am facing the same. I have almost lost half of my hair after coming to US. I changed all the shampoos in the market. Nothing works out. I thought it could be because of chlorine content in the water and i am using the filter for my shower. I tried using sulfate free shampoos.That didn't help too. I am losing more hair everyday.
    I have started using alma oil recently. No changes yet. Have checked with physician. She said it might be because of the shampoo which am using. I don't know the exact reason for this.

4. Acctgirl83

Acctgirl83 New IL'ite

Thank you for sharing this. Hoping to see if I can find more people to help shed some light on this problem.

gknew likes this.
  5. Change1

Change1 New IL'ite

It could be related to stress coming into a new country and situation.