1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair fall in bunch....Help me :-(

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Ammu28, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Ammu28

Ammu28 Senior IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am loosing my hair all of sudden:cry: I had thick black curly hair, ..I don't know what is happening:cry: ..I am scared to comb my hair these days because it is falling in bulk and this hair fall is not normal .I haven't experienced this so far :(...Should I meet a dermatologist?? Or Is it fine if I use some home remedies like (Try Hibiscus for treating hair loss).Please suggest me can be done :-( :spin
    Plzzz Help

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

2. rainbowresh

rainbowresh Gold IL'ite

Dear Ammu28,It is very difficult to guess for us here if the hair fall is alarming or not. But judging by the desperation in your msg I guess it is. Let me tell you one thing... Losing 6-12 strands of hair everyday is said to be normal for both men and women. Now this is a textbook value. It could be 50% more or less in different cases depending on gender age,etc. Coming to external factors, weather, water change, the way u tie up your hair can all affect this hair fall of yours. If you have shifted your house or change in weather you can't help it... But if water change is the reason you could try filter water or drinking water to wash and rinse your hair alone (if at all possible). Now when I say 12-15 strands, for a person with long hair, this itself may seem like a spool of thread but ppl with short tresses may not even notice it. So I suggest, count the number of strands in your comb one day. If it is within 25-30 try home remedies first ...which m sure you ll find in our personal care/hair care forums...(the most recent being an onion mask!!!)If it is more than 25-30 strands for three days consult a dermatologist.Hope this helps ... And good luck!

3 people like this.
  3. unicorn11

unicorn11 Senior IL'ite

Hi ammu28 - I had the same problem and I consulted Dr health (Bangalore) 3 months back ..it had made tremendous difference in just 2 weeks.I don't have hair loss now.U can read online reviews as well..they give homeopathic medicines.Also , do check your vit D levels..mine was critically low,which was part of the problem

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ammu28

Ammu28 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the replies Rainbowresh and Unicorn11....
    Dear Rainbowresh - Iam losing more than 50 strands each and everytime I comb.....
    Dear Unicorn11 - I had undergone all tests including thyroid,blood and Vitamin D..My vitamin Vitamin D results showed Insufficiency...thank u so much unicorn11 for this information..I will consult the doc for some tablets for vitamin intake..

1 person likes this.
  5. unicorn11

unicorn11 Senior IL'ite

Im glad to be of help.I corrected my D levels by taking D rise stachet every week.It took around 2 months for the levels to be normal again.

6. chennaiwoman

chennaiwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi unicorn11

You said you went to Dr Health clinic in Bangalore. Did you see Dr. Shamsher? Did the medicines he give you help with yr hair loss?? And most importantly I heard that he is very expensive. Is it right?? My daughter lives in Bangalore and she has been facing severe hair fall. If your experience with this doctor is good, kindly give me some more details. I would like her also to see this doctor. She is only 20 years old and is really desperate.

Thanks. Waiting for yr reply.

7. unicorn11

unicorn11 Senior IL'ite

Hey - yes I saw Dr Shamsher and later my mom came from delhi to consult him too because of the positive changes I felt after taking his meds..The course was expensive, arnd 10k but totally worth it.I was also skeptical at first but then the ladies waiting in ljne with me confirmed that his meds helped them, so i decided to try out. He gives personalized meds and not the same for everyone

8. chennaiwoman

Thx unicorn11 for your reply. Please dont think that i keep asking the same question again and again, but i am really very apprehensive before going to any new doctor all the more since I did read mixed reviews about Dr Shamsher. Will hairfall start again after you discontinue the medicines? Did he test your scalp personally? Please, any additional info will be of much help.

Would greatly appreciate if you can answer these questions from a desperate mother looking for answers.

9. unicorn11

unicorn11 Senior IL'ite

I had the same concern but dr shamsher clearly said that his meds are only for a year.Post that he will tell how to maintain hair without meds. I personally havent been regular with his meds since I got complacent after a month when hair fall stopped and my hair started to grow back.Im off his meds now and hair fall seems like a distant memory.I wont be going for more consultations now.
    Hope that helps:)

10. chennaiwoman

Thanx a million for being patient with me. Your reply gives me the confidence to go to this clinic. Hopefully my daughter's problems will be solved just like yours did. Thanks once again and GOD BLESS YOU!!!

1 person likes this.