1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

hair fall due to dengue fever

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by aish1987, Dec 21, 2013.

1. aish1987

aish1987 New IL'ite

Hi, my mother suffered from dengue fever two months back and she had platelet transfusion. She is recovered now from the illness but her hair has started falling heavily...literally heavy loss of hair is happening daily..Now after consulting with the doc, she has prescribed with adeb-t capsules for a month.

Please tell and advise about this capsule and whether it will work. My mother is 51 years old.

2. aish1987

aish1987 New IL'ite

Hi The medicine you suggested should be taken by males only..not for ladies strictly..

3. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

She needs a good multivitamin tablet and some iron. Ask her to take lots of greens (any keerai) and fruits.

4. aish1987

aish1987 New IL'ite

Hi, Yes she is now having a bowl of greens as u said in her daily diet for the past few weeks.. Can you please tell me some info about this adeb-t capsules ? The doctor has prescribed her this and she's taking one capsule a day. As for iron tablets, my mother feels scared if she would put on more weight by taking iron pills..is this true?
    [COLOR=#009900 !important][/COLOR]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  5. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

You can talk to your mom's doctor about adeb -t or you can send me a personal message.
    Taking iron will not make one to put on weight. It is only to treat anemia due to iron deficiency in which hair loss is very common that too after an illness like Dengue.

6. aish1987

aish1987 New IL'ite

Thank you Ganthimathi ma'm...There is another doc visit next week for my mother during which I will ask about the iron tablets to the doc.