1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair coloring/Dyeing..problems and suggestions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Ginger, Jan 13, 2006.

1. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Re: Henna

Dear Roja ,
    Any branded henna powder is good for hair - only thing is u should not apply henna alone on ur hair . It should be mixed with curd ( for smoothness ) , egg white ( for conditioning ) & tea dicoction ( for added shine & lovely colour) . Better u mix curd & tea dicoction the previous night & add egg white the moment u apply on hair , ok ? Bye .
    Affly ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
    2 people like this.
  2. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

Hello Indhu,

Please post the proportion of henna powder, curds, tea dicoction and egg white. Thanks.

Rekha

1 person likes this.
  3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rekha ,
    Sorry for the delay . The proportions :

Henna - 8 tablespoons
    tea dicoction - 4 tablespoons
    curd - 3 tablespoons
    egg - 1 ( egg white alone is enough - if u don't mind the smell .... u add the yellow portion of the egg too which gives bounce to hair !) If u have sinus trouble , add 5 drops of eaucalyptus oil , ok ?
    Bye from ,
    Indhu .

4. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

Hi Indhu,

Thanks for your response. One more quesition. Please tell me if it is enough to leave the henna on my hair for 3 hours? Also, I have seen some threads that say I should oil my hair before applying henna as henna is very dry, and some say to avoid oil as it prevents from coloring your hair? Any suggestions? what are your observations? Any other ILites who would like to share their opinion?

Thanks again,
    Rekha

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Depends on whether you want to condition your hair or colour your hair. If you want to colour your hair you have to leave it for a long time. In case you just want to condition your hair you can rinse after 1.5 hours.

Oiling the hair also depends on whether you wanna condition your hair or colour your hair.

in case you wanna colour your hair you need to rinse your hair with mild REMEMBER MILD shampoo and then oil hair after dry and wash again.

In case you are just looking out for conditioning your hair you can oil, wash and henna or henna, wash and oil.

I hope this clarifies your doubts.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I agree. Beetroot gives the best colour for your hair......
    you can have sigh of relief from the appreciative glances you get from people around you.... hey.....

1 person likes this.
  7. Hetal

Hetal New IL'ite

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hi Ginger
    To get a red tint,
    · Take henna Powder Mix with
    · Tea water (Reduce 3cup of tea water to 1 cup of water & strain it & then add into Henna,
    · Add Beet root juice, lime (optional) mix it & keep it for 1-2 hrs.... mix it well
    · Apply evenly on your hair keep it for 1 to maximum 2.5 hrs . wash your hair only with water, do not use Shampoo or soap just rinse with water,
    · Use shampoo after a day or two, this will highlight your hair as desired.

One suggestion:
    • Overuse of henna makes your hair dry, & these days available henna isn’t pure & natural this further develops greys. It is perfect to use once in 2-3 months.
    • To get shine Please add castor oil & lime this clears dandruff, & gives excellent shine, Castor oil if mixed in henna is very easy to wash shampoo can be used.
    :2thumbsup: All the best!
    Take care
    Hets
    <TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

1 person likes this.
  8. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

hi hetal,
    does henna makes hair grey?are u sure?can u explain me?thanks.
    kavi

9. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Re: Beetroot

hi Prema,
    as i live in Swiss, i dont get Anoo's hair pack.could u suggest me if we use only beetroot will tht be helpful for our hair.
    regds

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hetal
    Can this work with the henna you buy in the store?