1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

hair care

Discussion in 'Indians in Portland' started by swapnagada, Jan 4, 2009.

1. swapnagada

swapnagada New IL'ite

hi girls

i came to US 2 months back, due to the climate the lossing the hair much and they have become dry and lifeless. i regularly apply curd and sometimes i message my scalp with oil and lemon but then also it is not useful and after every 3 days i shampoo my hair and use organic shampoo with conditioner . can anyone help me in this regard

2. Newark

Newark New IL'ite

Hey i had the same problem too when i came here since it worseened with time i went to the doctor. They checked my iron contenet and said it was too low and thats why the heavy hair loss. The result - am under iron medication and i see some improvement too. So you think over and do what suits you best.

3. koramangal

koramangal Senior IL'ite

Hey
    Iam sailing in the same boat too. Lots of hair loss and dandruff . My hair is soooo thin and i have become GANJA . Any easy and home remedies are welcome.

Thanks

4. swapnagada

swapnagada New IL'ite

hi

thanks for ur quick reply and im planning to consult a dermatologist

swapna

5. swapnagada

swapnagada New IL'ite

hi

i always try home made remedies and i will apply almond oil and message it and have almonds everyday and apply curd sometimes lemon with coconut oil message scalp and leave it for hr n shampoo my hair.

swapna

6. swapnagada

swapnagada New IL'ite

hi frnd

I got another hair care remedy which can e done at home, take dry coconut and make a fine paste of it my adding water filter it take out the coconut milk and message it over the scalp and all hair leave it for 2 hrs first wash it with luke warm water and next day u can shampoo it.

swapna

7. priavindh

priavindh Senior IL'ite

Oh gud thanks sapna for this tips...I will do this and see!:)

8. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

soak methi seeds overnight and grind these in the morning and you cal also mix hibiscus leaves while grinding, and apply it for half an hour or so and wash it well.

this acts like a good conditioner.

also, check this link, hope u will find it useful.

Natural Hair Care Tips. Home Remedies for Dandruff and Hair Loss

cheers!!!
    pandu

9. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Now that you are in the States please look at Pro Naturals Hair Repair System's website. I live in the UK but right out in the countryside. I have posted similar posts today, but here is my suggestion for you.
    My hair was damaged due to post op radiotherapy. Brittle, breaking, loss of shine and falling out more than normal.
    My hairdresser recommended Pro Naturals. I can say that after a few months using it I now follow their recommended 4-step regime and only use it for one week in every six and for the other weeks I use an apple/tea tree shampoo. I am afraid I am lazy and could not do what you are doing. Hope this balanced hair repair system helps you as much as it has helped me. Good luck.