1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Had To Vent!! (india Trip)

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by randomvalue, Nov 16, 2017.

1. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

My husband also asked me same and i never agreed for splitting equally.
    Its been more than decade v got married and we had horrible fights but i stick to that i will stay 3 out of 4 weeks in my parents house and only a week in inlaws.
    There have been trips like 10 days where i didnt even go inlaws house when husband didnt come to trip.

DH talks abt kids spending more time so only in last trip i left my kids with husband inlaws house for an extra week. That was a unique situation where i had to do something at parents house and kids would disturb me. I felt very sad and decided never do that again.
    My decision to husband is i will go very few days like 3 days to 6 days max in inlaws. Cant stay more than that.

You shoud bargain more with hubby and stay more with ur parents.

2. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

Yes...that's why will not be going with my husband anymore.

3. September2015

There's a saying: The moment the things you do are only expected and not appreciated, that is the time to stop doing it. I say this since it seems to be important to you to maintain relationship with them: Just ignore their flat tones. If they talk directly, then you do the same. If not, just ignore it and do what works for yourself and your child's schedule. 3 weeks is a long time. 1 month was pure hell. (My experience) if they comment tell them in your own way. "Three weeks is better than not at all right?"

4. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

Why can't you try this way?

You be in your home the whole vacation.
    He be in his home the whole vacation.
    Your kid can stay 50 days with one grandparent, 50 days in another.
    Can you be able to stay away from your kid for somedays?? If so, take this option, if he and your inlaws couldn't handle your kid alone, your kid will come automatically to you in 1 or 2 days.
    Otherwise also don't worry, your kid is only going to be with your husband, he/she will be fine.

Women should not be unlucky anymore. We deserve every rights our husband has. Have good time in your parents house.

5. September2015

That's sad that you are thinking that way. Men are the cause for the rift. The inability to balance work, marriage/kids and his own parents. He's being ridiculous. There is no such thing as 50/50! See where your kids are most comfortable and use that as a deciding factor. I agree this is childish. Why are husbands so family-pleasing more than wife-pleasing...only the wife or the children of his wife will be with him on his last day of life---not his parents. Our parents are not life partners, I'm tired of hearing "They gave me life" God gave you your parents and men honor their parents more than God? Makes no sense. (I'm Christian BTW)