1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Had high hopes, feeling discouraged right now

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ChennaiExpress, Aug 27, 2015.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I'm trying to study for IT certifications for continuing education.

It especially helps to build my knowledge and self-confidence.

There are forums where people who study for these exams can present for an hour.

When I present, I like to get creative, and talk as if the person was a friend. I make it informal, include silly pictures, animated gifs, and music clips

- as long it pertains to the subject matter
    - as long as it helps others understand

First time I did this, I got lot of positive accolades.

Just now I did this second time, and I really put my heart into it, but I didn't get any positive accolades.

And when I asked to present again I was told that they need to

- slow down the voluntary presentations
    - give chance to other people to present (i.e. those studying for same exam)
    - maybe another opening will be in mid-Nov

Maybe I am over-reacting. I am feeling like deflated balloon right now.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

On the other hand, if God wanted to somehow take my family and I to India this fall and plans are in the works for it (I really don't know how, only God makes these things possible), then I can totally understand why God allowed this to happen.

I really wished somehow I can go to India, and enjoy.

I really really really wish this. I will be happy to go for a month at least. Visit some places, spend some quiet time, really take in the beauty of the place

2. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

You come across as a very nice and genuine person. I am sure God wants you to be extremely happy. So plan this trip to India and make sure it happens for you as God helps those who help themselves.

Also, the sooner we stop depending upon others' approval/ validation of our work for making us feel good about ourselves the better the life gets. From what you have suggested, i have a feeling that you must have done a marvellous job. Their not showering positive accolades might have nothing to do with how your presentation went but some other reasons.So i would say do not let it dishearten you in any way.All the very best.

1 person likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

If you are satisfied with your work then no need to worry .On every presentation your skills are developing fast and so continue your work which will be praised one day .This is my experience in writing.

1 person likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

I am really working toward this.

Trying to learn to take more responsibilities at home (I only work and study, and do some cooking), especially with finances

Yes, that's what I was looking for. Because in first presentation, everyone liked.

1 person likes this.
  5. ChennaiExpress

I'm gonna get a YouTUBE channel to post presentations.

Will get practice, and help others who are also studying ....

1 person likes this.
  6. ChennaiExpress

You know something. Now I realized, towards the end of my presentation yesterday, I was starting to feel a bit subconscious because I didn't hear laughter or anything, so the last few minutes I might have fizzled.

Hence the downward spiral. And perhaps the online audience would have sensed it.

Guess I need lot of practice, and need to feel comfortable improvising.

But the moderator of the event did say I was brave :)

Now I downloaded freeware for recording the screen and sound from laptop's speakers, hope I can create and post video tutorials on newly created YouTube page...

1 person likes this.