1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Had A Blessed And Enjoyable Navratri This Year With God's Blessings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 9, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

This year I started preparing for Navrathri one month before only. Dressing up two sets of Marapachi, one with nine yards for the bride and with dhothi for the bride groom out of Invitation card. Another one set dressed for Reception, for the bride dress with pearls and for the groom with zari thread. Dressed up three four dolls . Decorated Krishna and made thorans with pearls. As there is no space could madeonly 3 steps with books and other card board boxes in the centre of the Show case. Inshow case also it was full of different idols . Made a medai with card board box and invitation card and kept a set one playing Veena, one mridangam and one violin.

As expected Navrathri started and first three, four days was very hectic as there were many visitors. On second day Mira from IL told me she will come between 3 to 5 pm. So after making chundal for evening made Pongal and tomato chutney for her . After she left at 4.30 pm or so my brother in law's dil told me they will come at 7.30 p.m. So soaked rice and dal for dosa , also made poha. After six ladies started coming and after 7.30 my brother in law and famly came. His grand daughter said she will have dosa and her mother made dosa and she had with milagapodi and came and told me milagapodi is very nice. She only gave thambulam to everyone. Brother in law, his so nand dil had poha. Was very happy . Next day my another brother in law's dil, her two daughters and son in law and gran ddaughters came. They told me not to make anything and that they will have chundal, so made Rava Kesari for them. Next day I was invited in the neighbour's house as a sumangali with four more sumangalies. I had lost some of the numbers and through facebook invited them. One friend called me and my husband for lunch and had yummy lunch there. One friend told me to come on Saraswati pooja in theevening but since it was not possible to go in the evening went on Vijayadasami day . On that day morning had to go for a birthday of twins. So my Navratri went very nicely enjoying on each day visiting so many friends and so many friends came home also. I had bought kumkum dabba in steel and all got over. So had to buy some different gift.

I visited my friends houses in the mornings those who invited me and evenings attended those who came to my house. First day invited two floors and next day two more floors and other friends told them to come any day So everyday someone or other visited.

Before Navratri met my old maid who had worked for more than 10 years and was perfect in her work and would help me a lot . So told her to join from October 1 for work. She came for haldi kumkum and toldme to give any work . So for the next 7 days of Navratri she came in the evenings and helped me in cleaning the vessels andother work. Now she comes everyday and cleans the wash basin and bathroom everyday
    ch the other maids never used to do

After Navratri on the 2nd day my kitchen got painted and also got our 3 cupboards painted. Arranged the kitchen and my God's stand in a different way. All these happened due to Devi's blessings.

Had a blessed and enjoyable Navratri with Devi's blessings.

whi 22310670_1584667748238497_8130977978435870062_n.jpg 22308600_1584667714905167_876917008810932850_n.jpg c

MalStrom, sindmani, joylokhi and 3 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear Sister I liked your narration in detail about the way you celebrated and scheduling the visitors so that you could pay equal attention to all your beloved friends. the new painted swami mandapam room with glittering ambals had been captured nicely and illustrated here for the benefit of all your bosom IL'ites. I feel blessed by watching the images above. Thanks and Regards. god Bless Us all.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji maami,
    nice to read of your navarathri well spent. Surely Devi's blessings are there with your regular alankaram and pujas for devi otherwise also. Our navarathri also went very well. Though tiring after the nine days of work involved, it is very fulfilling doing the pujas and having people come over and we visiting everyone in turn. May God bless you always.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks brother for your first feedback.Glad you liked my narrationsnd the Mandapam.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Joy for your feedback and glad you liked the post. Glad yours also went well .Ya it's tiring for nine days but meeting friends makes us happy