1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Habits/hobby You Picked Up From Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sumalynux, Feb 8, 2019.

1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

After living with a person for long time you pick up some of their style hobby or habits. Below are mine.

Watching TV

I hardly used to watch TV. Was limited to watching hit movies and mostly songs. After marriage ended up watching tons of TV shows and movies together. Now being sahm I watch so much movies. We both enjoy watching TV together.

Food habits

My dh is brahmin and used to find our good very spicy. He used to gulp our type of food with bowl of curd. (Am non brahmin.) Now after 10yrs of marriage he keeps telling me to cook our style of food. He likes it now.
    I never used to eat sweets. Just a bite if done at home. God now I eat equally to him. Especially home made sweet.

Views of life.
    My dream of life was Duplex house, Lots of gold, investment in land. To achieve this I was being stingy and dint like spending much. His idea of life is comfort, Travelling, branded items, luxury life. I changed my way of life. Now we together travelled 90+ trips and 3 international trips and counting. I do spend on comfort now.

Which habits/hobby of spouse did uyo pick up.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

1.Stop posting each and every thing we do in social media.
    I’m a full time addict to social media mainly FB.

I had the habit of posting each and every thing , tagging each and every place and uploading even albums since college days!

My DH is opposite.
    Once he told how others will perceive that. He says it could lead others to jealousy and depression.
    So now I resist uploading pics as it’s the reality. May be once in a while I just change my DP or cover pic.

2.We started a new habit of going to book store on weekends and loving it.

3. Sometimes I speak like a small kid, at times my DH also do that :p

4. Basically he prefers spicy items. But I, on other hand have sweet tooth.
    Suddenly I crave for sweets.
    So he also started craving sweets :sweatsmile:.

5. He knows that I do lots of online research so if we go out somewhere he asks me to check the ratings and so on , he also checks reviews/ratings now a days

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Amica, anika987, Vedhavalli and 4 others like this.
  3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

I learnt from my dh that no matter, forgive and forget things and move on in life. ....

To shop for the needs, not for the wants or because there is a sale in the neighborhood shop. ..

To understand about each other and yet to give the required space. . ..

4. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

1) hitting gym or doing workout no matter how long or tired the day is. Working out is essential part of day or night. I have started doing yoga.
    2) drinking coffee I'm an avid coffee lover my husband doesn't drink coffee much now we go on coffee trips. Hehehe
    3) when I was new cook I used to pour more oil for taste gradually stopped now adding few tsp oil only.
    4) my husband didn't like Chaat or Chinese now he likes them more than me. We review and rate restaurants.
    5) habit of donations. I never gave any money on charity until got married. My husband used to give money for a girls education thru his friend, later our house hold help daughter. One year it was bad for us had miscarriage , I was down depressed. He made me give my one month salary to a girl for her Bcom exam. I felt ashamed releivd. Since then I'm doing whatever donation, volunteering I can for less fortunate people. PS. That Bcom gal passed CA this year. We are so happy n proud. DH gives only deserving people. We celebrated our daughter first birthday at home. Provided food for 2 ashrams.
    6) he is man of few words but each word can either make or break. I'm learning how to remain silent in burning arguments and speak like my DH
    7) ask others opinions I never ask I do my way.

shravs3, anika987 and sumalynux like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Honestly..nothing:)

Infact I have learnt what “not” to do haha..

His good qualities are hard for me to follow..He is very calm in any situation,never gossips and always thinks good for others even if they treated him horrible and never has used cuss words.

I admire his qualities but finding to follow his qualities though I keep trying..

He is Vera level..

shravs3 and sumalynux like this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Nothing
    Learnt lots of cuss words from him
    Not to wallow in the past