1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 Wife Want To Work

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Jayeth, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

Hi,
    I came to US on Feb 2016. I have a son who is 1.5yr old. I have done my Msc in computer science and im a Banker in India. I ve come here with my husband on sabatical leave for 2yrs. I expected that his project would be short term and i planned to join back to my work, but looks like he may extend his stay here. i dont want to quit my job in india and if im quiting there i need a job here. its been a year im in US now. i want to search for job and i dont know how to start. someone guide me please.

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

I would suggest take some course first in which you wish to make a career or take up the job. This way you will get to know market here and the job prospects in your field. Also, you mentioned you have a 1.5 year old. Can you put him in daycare for few hours so that you can concentrate on your studies/job search.

In current situation, I am doubtful whether anybody will be willing to sponsor H1B. So I feel you take the F1-OPT route and enhance your degree and then join the work force.

Jayeth likes this.
  3. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

have your applied for H4 work permit (ead), if you already have it then, and in the process of getting it or already have it with you, then its just a matter to searching and applying for jobs in the job search engines....
    if you are planning to join a job here, then do you have to quit your indian job,?i have no idea if its allowed to have a job on sabbatical..
    looks like you are happy with your indian job, in such political scenarios, I would advise you to not to be in a situation where your husband H1 is cut short and since you are on H4-EAD, with him you also needs to go back then going back you may not have a job rightaway, getting H1B from H4 is very very tough as it is, with the current waters, it may be close to nil....if you are OK with it..then you may go ahead..

Jayeth likes this.
  4. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply...I have not applied for EAD, how do i apply for that?
    actually i have to return to Indian on November to join back to job on January. Even if im quitting i have to be there. And incase my husband got to stay here in US for more years then i dont want to end up working in India and my husband here. In that case ill b either forced to quit or be separated. My trip to India will be his company expense and after that if i want to come back and search job here it will be way more tougher.

5. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply....I thought about that too but any course gonna take me 2 to 3 years right and i donno if my husband will be here that long. The uncertainty is what making me confused.

6. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

I am not able to understand why you need to go back in November? and if you do, why it will be tougher than now for job search after you come back in Janurary?

EAD-H4 application these days take a minimum of 2 to 3 months to process, I think there is fee associated with that....you may start job search after EAD application but in case some job comes up, you may not be able to give them your availability date, because you wont know how long it is going to take....If everything is going on smoothly, if you apply now (Feb end lets say), you may get your EAD by (May end ), and by then you already have a job ready then you can join in June..then within 6 months you need to leave to India..would the new employer like it? would you have a credibility by leaving job within 6 months? and we dont know if the new administration here in US is going to close the H4 visa work permit....what if that happens?

from your post, it looks like you dont want to be separated from DH..looks like it is a hassle to apply for EAD then join a job here and then if your hubby needs to go back..all these efforts will go waste...things are uncertain as it is for H1B approved projects..even if your husbands stay gets extended on paper, there are no gurantees..sorry this is just my personal opinion, i may be overreacting.....you need to write on paper every possible scenario and chart out the plan Bs and Cs....good luck

7. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

You are not eligible for H4 EAD as your DH doesn't have I-140 yet and he has not completed 6 years on H1 also not filed for GC.

8. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

what i meant was i had to join my banking job in Indian on jan 2018 so i have leave for india by November, so ill have some time to settle. And u are correct the situation is uncertain and i ll have to wait.

9. Jayeth

Jayeth New IL'ite

True..

10. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

@Rinkysush---who r u trying to fool here....as per your statement- 'u r saying u r helping these huge brands go from offline to online'...first of all, that doesn't make much sense in english.........do u even understand what u r saying ??...these are huge brands who invest millions in marketing and have websites running for several years and pay millions for e-commerce software/products/promotions --they r online for several years so how ur so called e-commerce business is helping these multi-million brands !!

are you some million dollar investor trying to revolutionize something new without taking permission of these huge national brands ?? u surely don't sound like one !!..stop trying to act like some cheap person trying to dupe people!....

@admins, please look into this weird poster trying to fool some people.........this is her 2nd or 3rd post n she wil always post in h4 forum, i have realized........i remember 1 incident previously wherein 1 poster - i think 'saisakthi' had pinged and asked money from several posters and 1 poster even paid money to her after which she disappeared, off course without returning the money !

SunPa likes this.