1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 visa_ for 2 weeks US stay

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by shari2003, Feb 15, 2012.

1. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

The forum has been of great help to me in many aspects and I am really thankful for the support extended to people in trouble.

I have a quick question regarding obtaining H4 visa.
    My spouse is currently in the US on H1 visa, and is expected to be there for another 6-7 months (He left to US in last July). I and LO would like to join him for a short while on H4 visa. I am working in India and LO is attending school. So, it may not be possible for us to be in US for more than 2-3 weeks. In that case, could you please let me know whether Indian companies (spouse's company) would sponsor/ help us with our H4 visas?
    Also, is it legal to be on H4 and be in US for just 2-3 weeks?
    Would there be any tax binding on it, and would we need to apply for insurance and all that?

I am really looking forward to your help, people.
    Thanks a ton!

2. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

No matter number of days of your stay....you can apply for H4 and can come return back to India.

what ever be the days of stay..its better to have travel medical insurance because medical charges are really high here...Check with your spouse employer is covering health insurance for family members.

3. vedasamhita

vedasamhita New IL'ite

H4 is a valid visa to stay as a dependent. Your husband's employer can apply for the health insurance for you and the kid before you come to US. Tax is not applicable on H4(which is a dependent visa as one doesn't work).