1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 And Mother Of Infant And Toddler

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sumalynux, Nov 10, 2016.

1. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

We do have screen time but only for 1 hour. Half hour during his lunch and another half at dinner. We too are early sleepers, by 9.30 we all are snoring.

sumalynux likes this.
  2. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Where do u all buy diapers for ur lo?
    I used to buy from Costco in a bulk. Do anyone buy online?

sumalynux likes this.
  3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi

We bought in BJ's.. But I felt it's not cheaper same as Walmart price..

I don't want to change to any brand other than pampers..

But since am using pants all day n diaper only for nap n night n outing am not needing more diaper

gknew likes this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I used to buy diapers from Costco- $40 Kirkland
    Now I got a deal from amazon- 100 diaper $27 pampers

I need suggestions-
    My DS is skipping his midday nap- usually, he wakes up at 11 am and he plays, eats and he is used to sleeping at 1pm. Off late he doesn't sleep- he is in his crib. He is awake- he doesn't sleep until 2:30pm. He wakes up at around 4pm and one more round of play and dinner and is in bed at around 6pm.

I am more concerned about him being awake in the crib for 1 hour- and him not napping. The whole of evening playtime is just very hard on him, coz he wouldn't have enough zzzzs and he is tired/ hungry and coz he is trying to walk- if he falls down or hits sometimes. His wah wahing is much harder. It would all be easier if he naps for one extra hour.

Any suggestions to get my DS to nap from the time I lay him in his crib?

sumalynux likes this.
  5. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

What helped for us is to make sure that he took only one nap and that he napped early enough so that by evening he would be ready for bed and would sleep a full 12 hours (though now that he is over 2, he only sleeps 11 hours at night). There is a chart that tell you about a baby's wake time and how much sleep a baby needs by age (eg. 14 hours at 15 months etc) and we followed that. All that being said, my son is still breast fed even at night so he doesn't sleep through the night for all 12 hours, he wakes up in between and I nurse him back to sleep. I have sort of gotten used to it now. I have been putting off night weaning/sleep training him.

6. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

How old is your son? Maybe his wake times are changing as he is getting older.

7. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Wow, great thread @sumalynux ..Can I join too?
    SAHM of ~13months old..
    Similar issues.. currently working on baby's bedtime, trying to make her sleep earlier.
    Otherwise she's on a 3 hr eat-play-sleep schedule..

Am so glad to see that all your babies dont let you all cook!! Phew! I've been struggling - still am struggling to cook, esp, now with changing her schedule. Hmmmm. Fingers crossed.

I am so glad to find this thread..have been posting on my daily(and not so daily) trials with time/chore management with an infant at another thread, but hope its alright with you (all) if I chatter here as well?

gknew and sumalynux like this.
  8. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

He is 14 month old.. Hmm yea you are right. Maybe his schedule is changing.

9. shinycalif

shinycalif Silver IL'ite

Hi blindpup10,

I wanted to just raise a concern on the quality of the $27 pampers on amazon, please go through the reviews they are poor quality with less cushioning and also are giving cuts to babies. I myself have tried the diapers which refer as night time but they are completely different in quality than the ones available at walmart of sam's club . Its cheaply made, thin and also not very absorbent and thats why gives the baby rashes. My son is almost the same age as yours 16 months so i too keep checking good deals everywhere to get good diapers from but so far i am always buying huggies from costco - kirkland only atleast they are denser and feels good to the skin and of course super absorbent. I tried the pull ups too but doesn't work for me yet. Amazon was a bad experience so far ! And the sizing becomes bigger diapers become less in quantity and more expensive but i dint want to compromise on quality thats why i kept buying huggies.

sumalynux likes this.
  10. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi

Sorry was bit busy...

Around 13 to 15months i think kids shift from 2naps a day to 1nap a day.. So it might be a phase for him to get used to schedule..

Looks like he is not yet fully sleepy thats y he might be up in crib, try to put him little late, so directly he might sleep..