Gynaecologists in Dubai - Need Help?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by BabySam, Sep 5, 2012.

1. BabySam

BabySam New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    This is my first post. I am 33 weeks pregnant and totally unhappy with my current gynaecologist from Aster Hospital (Mankhool). The reason why I opted for her in the first place is due to few recommendations from friends and friends of friends. I never found any online review on her so far.
    I would appreciate if someone can give me information regarding some good gynaecs in Dubai. My insurance does not cover maternity. So, I guess my choices are limited.
    I would prefer someone who would not keep prescribing medicines at the drop of a hat. Also, someone who is willing to be calm and non-hyper. I am usually at peace before I reach my current doc's room but the moment I come out of her room, I am stressed out. My last visit made me wonder if I actually was being too cool about all the things that she is getting hyper about.

So...Anyone..out there who can help me sort me out of this mess?

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

Why dont you check with Al Wasl hospital or New Dubai Hospital? Many ladies especially Arab ladies go there still despite many private hospitals have come. Also check in International Modern Hospital on Port Rashid Road. There are many Gynaecs there, the hospital is very neat, clean and good facilities too. Its next to Country Club Hotel.

Best Regards
    Shanti

3. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    No personal experience, but heard lot of Dr mini in Al qusais - sunrise supermarket upstairs, even I came to know that she attends patients of NMC Al nahada Dubai.

4. BabySam

BabySam New IL'ite

Thanks lathamohan and shanti for your valuable info! I am trying for Wasl but I guess it is not easy now since I am already in week 33. Any reviews on docs in City Hospital?

5. diskidoo

diskidoo New IL'ite

Hi

why don't u try Dr. Rajlakshmi at the American Hospital. She's excellent. I know of so many friends who have been to her and they cant stop singing praises about her. Quite difficult to get an appointment but as u r already 33 weeks u can push for one. Dr Grace Jacob or Dr. Elsa at The City Hospital are also wonderful.
    Dr. Jaimala Shukla at Unicare( in Burjuman) is also v nice. She doesn't do deliveries but at-least she can recommend someone .
    Wishing u the very best

6. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

you can try with above doctors i heard abt dr rajyalakshmi, one of my friend is seeing the same doc and myself i am visiting doc jaimala shukla for the past 1 year.

7. sacredbell

sacredbell Silver IL'ite

Check International Modern hospital.
    This hospital is now being owned / operated by Sunrise Hospital, Kochi. Most probably, you may feel comfortable there.

8. akshatha1981

akshatha1981 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Which Dr did u consult in Aster? I was planning to go to Aster after hearing good reviews of Dr. Haleema and also we dont have insurance. Now I am a bit worried. Could you please let me know where you delivered and who was your Dr. Thanks...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  9. Sehaj

Sehaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

In my pregnancy i use to go to sharjah to SAHARA MEDICAL CENTRE- Dr.ASHA BHATIA....she is very good doctor. Aged+economical+Gud Experinace+ Explain Everything Clearly.

Regards
    Harpreet

10. mama0again

mama0again Senior IL'ite

I am also going to asha bhatia,now. She seems to be pretty gud. But is she economical? May be in comparisons to the hospitals. But when compared to other clinics she is little expensive.