Gynaec with a reputation for normal deliveries in Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by just_sonal, Dec 2, 2008.

1. kaumudi

kaumudi New IL'ite

Hello Sonal,

Dr. Suhasini Inaamdar ensured that My Sister in law had a noraml delivery. She'll ask U to do some house hold work. If U keep up with her advice then You are sure to have a normal delivery. Check it out with her & continue only if U feel comfortable with her.

Best of Luck
    Kaumudi

2. prabhudevan

prabhudevan New IL'ite

hi,that is a very important thread you have introduced.doctors ethical responsibility to help in child birth normal or otherwise.It goes with doctors mindset and experience. I can strongly reccomend my ob-gyn DR.prabha eliya singan,epmcs womens clinic,jaynagar 9th block ,bangalore.she will do what is best for the mother and child. you can rest assured you are in safe hands.

3. kira

kira New IL'ite

Please do not waste time looking for a good gynec. Close your eyes and go to Cradle and choose Dr. Kini. The doctor and the facility at cradle are well equipped to handle any emergecy related to pregnancy. Dont worry about the cost, it is worth it, you will at least have a baby unlike other places where you may not have the baby due to incompetent doctor and facility not prepared for emergencies. For the good of you and your child do not put yourself in anyone but the best. All the best!!

4. rsd

rsd New IL'ite

Hi all :)

I m looking for a good gynac in or around rajajinagar......someone plz help me wit it :)
    I've heard abt Dr. Sujatha Ravindra at Suguna hospital......hz she n hz the hospital?? Any other suggestions for gynacs??

Thanks in advance :)

5. bajwasimran

bajwasimran New IL'ite

HI ,
    I personally would blindly reccomend Dr jaya Bhat. She kept insisting on a normal when all i wanted was Csection, though in the end they had to have a csection due to med reason not cos I was forced - she tried her best and didnt give in to me.
    She done my csection and the her perfection at same was amazing , she has a very neat and fast hand. She was to be on holiday the week i was to deliver and I told her no pls u have to deliver my baby thts it. I would anyday go back to her though we in London now but nothg compares to the confidence I have in her.good luck .
    Sim

6. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I did an home pregnancy test and it came positive. I would like to see a gynecologist for consultation. Since this is my first one, I am very scared. Could you please suggest a good doctor around Banswadi, Kalyan nagar, Kamanhalli or nearby area wher I can go. I saw a few reviews and really got scared. Today I called a diagnostic in Kamanahalli and requested for an evening appointment. But I was told that i have to come at 6 and wait till 6:30 as the doctor will come at that time. I told that I will come at that time, but they said you have to come half an hour early. Also, they said she wont be available after 6:30. I dont know whether she will come only for me or why only 1/2 hour visit to that place . I never heard of this before.

Please suggest soemone good where I can go by taking an appointment without any problem.

Thanks in advance.

7. indianwife

indianwife New IL'ite

Could someone please post Dr. Gayathri Karthik's Phone number or email ID? She is one of the best Gynos, very friendly and empathetic but I lost her contact info. Had met her once at Mallya Hospital, is she still with Mallya?

I am currently in Mysore and Gynos here are so Cold and Rude!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  8. mrssgupta

mrssgupta New IL'ite

Dr. Shobha Venkat is young (well not so young either) but must tell she has very good experience (and beg to differ that experience comes with age). She is pro vaginal delivery. Dr Jaya Bhat may be good but she handles only selected cases and mostly all the calls etc are routed to her assistant, who normally deal with completely and they only contact Jaya bhat. Patients cant' reach Jaya directly.

Our experience with Dr. Shobha Venkat: first of all we've a friend who is Gynie. She delivered two kids under Dr. Shobha Venkat. Of course we didn't want to consult our friend so we asked for reference. She referred to Dr. Shobha Venkat. We started consulting here even before conceiving.
    Our pregnancy was not smooth at all. The only day in entire period we were happy was pregnancy test. Afterwards we ran in to several complications one after another. Dr. Shobha Venkat handled each and every one very well, all deicisions were very well thought out. She is cool, calm, composed and is approachable. She answered each and every call of ours including once at 1 am. Even day prior to finally doing c-section, she was very positive and pushing for normal delivery. I think she is the best gynie in town.

BTW - learn from our experience:
    1) do all scans by Dr. Prathima Radhakrishnan or at Clumax. Any other place is waste of time and money. Anyways scan may have to be repeated (like in our case) so it is double effort money and lots of worries.
    Dr. Prathima is another cool doc, she is radiologist and she knows her job very well. She is very approachable, even after delivery she is in touch with us (like sharing kid's pic, any other general query outside scans and obg like who is best paediatric in town types).
    2) Eat very well through out the pregnancy. Digestion problem are common during pregnancy so take care digestion meds and increase fibre intake along with water but eating right is EXTREMELY important. That alone has huge factor to increase chances of normal delivery.
    3) Stick to super hospital (like Manipal) for delivery. Hospitals like Cradle, Motherhood are good and can handle deliveries very well. no doubt about that. But however if any complications, you wouldn't want to shift from hospital to another. Manipal, in one building they've everything. What worked best in our favor by sticking to Manipal: Manipal has best NICU. Our baby needed extreme intensive care and we were happy that he is with best team. Though my current supervisor at work is one of the investors in Cradle and we could have walked in and gotten royal treatment but we still chose Manipal for delivery.
    4) Choose / select paediatric ahead of time. This one, we missed. but again choose a paed who is approachable at 3 am also (trust me you would need it:) ).

need more help, let me know -- I Am available.

9. sainathuni

sainathuni New IL'ite

Hi MrsGupta,

I am in my 9th week of pregnancy, i went and met Dr. Shobha Venkat yesterday. she is asking me to get a scan done tomorow and another one in 12th week also. (apart from few other blood tests). i asked her if getting scans done so often does any harm....her reply was cold, she seemed to have irritated with my question. i am really confused and scared. she also said that its she will send patients for scan in 7th week and 12th week, since i have visited her in my 9th week, i still have to get both done. any suggestions please.
    Sainathuni.

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sainathuni,
    congrats on the good news:) When I consulted the doc at 6weeks she asked me toget a scan done.And another scan is done when you are 11 or 12 weeks pregnant. First scan,known as foetal visibility scan, is to make confirm your pregnancy and to rule out the possibilities like tubular pregnancy. 12th week scan which is called as NT scan is to rule out any chromosomal abnormalities of the child, like Downs syndrome.

PS: I consult a different gynaec and not the one whom you mentioned.This is suggested by all gynaecs.