1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gunslinger Ganapathi

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    You sound like someone who has chased the last but one in a Marathon! I am happy that you took the trouble of treading all that I wrote. But you have really made me feel great and youthful with your prediction that some maverick director might grab my title. Whoever it is, let him know that it will be absolutely free!
    Dhamu and Ganapathi have been glorious assets during my post-forties and I am glad that they continue to have all the fire in them despite the incessant nagging they face at home. Are they self-interested? If they are , they would have been out of the club's popularity list long back. Talking of 'hurried world around them', I don't think that they are even aware of all the hurry. Even in the club's annual sports, they took part only in 'slow cycling' and one of them would surely be a winner!
    You talk of Phythagoras and that man has put me in lot of difficulties in my school days. I am all for Archimedes who loved playing in water. Nobody knows that he was the first streaker in the world!
    Sri

vaidehi71 likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

@LakshmiKMBhat

Dear Laksmi
    Thank you for sharing the school experience of your grandpa. Standing on the bench was the most regular punishments those days. A classmate of mine who was very short and occupied the last seat due to his low rank would do some mischief or other to earn the stand up on the bench punishment!
    Sri

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

No one in known history has attained an intrepid celebrity status other than Archimedes with his streak show and who would have thought that a plodding scientist would break out as a mascot for nudist colonies all over the world, centuries later. It is rumored that Archimedes, who was busy doodling geometric shapes on the ground, was killed by a slighted soldier when his city was sieged. Archimedes, in this life and death alike, ensured that history books dedicate one page to his scientific discoveries but two pages to his lurid spectacles.

I would have arrived faster than Pheidippides but the everyday hassles, distractions, what-nots and why-nots slow me down.

Is this the part where I am supposed to giggle, “The pleasure is all mine”. That is so corny!

Telling you, I would not move my finger if something does not interest me so the racing and marthon-ing through your snippets should reveal to you of a mutual tug that transcends pleasure and purport. I love your blogs because they are relatable and closer to home. Many (achoo! all) of my conversations are me tapping away in excitement at your recollections — oh! I know! been there! done that! watched that! waa?! how?! skee! If there is a trouble, it is only that I am constrained by time but never by enthusiasm. I wish to end my every response with ‘there is so much more to talk’ that would swarm your blog with the talkative locust in me. Therefore, I cut down on gratitudes and formalities to give the appearance of being less garrulous and of course I am carbon-conscious (grin)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@Iravati

The other day I was reading a book on 'Famous Last Words'. It seems that when Pythagoras was about to breath his last, some one asked him the square root of 144. He said 12 even in his coma and died! Of course the story needs to be verified as Google often says! Despite this touching exit, I am still for Archimedes who quits his bath tub and runs all over the town in nude shouting something unintelligible to an average Madrasi like me.
    Of, your last para! My inevitable blushing again fortunately shielded by my beard!
    Sri

vaidehi71 likes this.