1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guilt To Initiate Divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by BhumiBabe, Oct 9, 2017.

1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Happy to read the update..

Sometimes we need big push/incident to change.. let's hope this is that moment for your dh..

Wishing you all the best for new start and Happy relationship..

BhumiBabe, shravs3 and Sandycandy like this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Wow! That's a great update.
    Wish you a happy & better life ahead. May you two fall in love again. Good luck.

Look like ladies need to take bold steps to push their husbands out of their comfort zone and also to give them a reality check.

They have to respect their wives, instead of taking everything for granted.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    yellowmango, Sandycandy and BhumiBabe like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Wow a good change from your husband which is must ! Hope things go as you want and stay happy!

Sandycandy and BhumiBabe like this.
  4. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Very good dear.... Be optimistic.. Wishing you good luck from the bottom of my heart.

5. RashmiVarun

RashmiVarun New IL'ite

Hi ..I have read all the posts in this thread. Good to see you optimistic for your married life.
    All the very best!!

6. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Thank you everyone, for your very warm wishes.

I have always read advice that you shouldn't threaten your spouse for a divorce, so I only broached the subject when I was ready, and had my bags packed. I had to bring up divorce multiple times, because he kept going into denial and acting as if he had always been a loving husband and has been hurt and betrayed by my words.

I might never understand what men think, but I think my firm stance has pushed him to imagine a life without a wife and son, and it was not a good picture. In the initial years, I was the one "adjusting" to his views and needs. Now, he is finally doing the same. People have told me that it might push a real positive change in the marriage. I hadn't believed it, and the jury is still out. But, maybe that reality shock is what my husband needed.

7. raingreen

raingreen New IL'ite

Hi Bhumi,
    I just logged back in after a few months and am so happy to see a good update! I am crossing my fingers and hoping your husband has really changed for the better. That would be the best possible solution to your problems!
    I'm sure I don't have to tell you to remain cautious though, and not to let down your guard. Your husband does have a history of placating you when you are really upset, only to go back to the same old.. I really hope that is not the case now, only you will know if he has really changed.

I'm also curious about the move to the new city - do you have any friends/ support network in new city? Will you be able to work in your old job/ old company in new city? Will it in any way make you more isolated/ harder to separate from him in new city?

Also make sure you are on any new bank accounts etc he opens when you move to new city..

Wishing you good luck and best wishes for a happier future..